Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: JDBC Adapter without Update Query

suman_lakkimsetty2
Participant
0 Kudos

hi friends

i have designed a scenario where JDBC as a sender. i need to configure the adapter without using update query

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are not using UPDATE it would poll old records and based upon u r DB growth u will load u r Server day by day.

Better use a extra colum Flag and use update when it's picked up.

Tats only option.

If u r having unique field use stored procedure : but only applicable if u r using SQL DB not poss with Oracle DB

rgds

srini

suman_lakkimsetty2
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Mr.venkat

we are using MS SQL . we are using control with date i.e., based on the date field the data will be updated so update field is not needed for our scenario can u please help in this.

regards,

suman.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

based on the date field the data will be updated so update field is not needed for our scenario can u please help in this.

If you are polling it for each day, then make sure that the polling interval is atleast of one day 24*3600 otherwise same data will be polled twice on same day.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe the date field will store along with the time filed in the same column. At least oracle does that.

So in your select query you can write as below(from oracle, as i dont have a ms sql now)

assume

your table name = yourtable

date column = dtcolumn

select * from yourtable where dtcolumn = sysdate - interval '1' minute;

This query assumes that the dtcolumn will be always having the value of the date time stamp when data is inserted.

To be frank you should not do this. I dont understand why you cannot add a column "processed" and add update that. Any specific business requirement?

For best performance, typically in my implementation I suggest using a shadow table from which XI deletes the records. The actual table has the column saying if this got inserted to the shadow table.

Regards

Unni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman

AS said by experts above. Its good to have the update field. This will help you avoiding redundancy. Although you have the date time factor to read the data still having a flag set for update wont hit your performance as well

Whats the actual business requirement that makes you not able to add a field to a table.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the DB table feild, (on which you have select query is defined ) is not updated to some other value in the data base the JDBC adapters will poll the DB continously....

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simply write <TEST> in place of Update statement. But in this case, how will JDBC channel will understand when to poll and when not to poll. This approach is used only for test purposes.

Regards,

Prateek