cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Database Access through Java Mapping ?

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

I have to implement a Java Mapping Program which will require frequent database Access to compare and read table data from some other data base .

What is the most optimum procedure to implement it ?

Should i make a jdbc call every time from the code or should i use EJB(Session beans + Entity beans)...

or any other process besides these 2 to acheive maximum performance

Please Suggest

regards

Nilesh Taunk.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

I think the technique suggested by Ananth is the best way to do a DB lookup using Java Mapping,. The link provided by him is a very good blog to do the same. Do refer to it.

Regqrds,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Be sure, that you omitt any unnecessary DB call, so use one big call and cache values instead of severall small calls. You might also look into the new functionality of java initialization block etc. in message mappings, if you could possibly use a message mapping instead of a java mapping.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

I would suggest you to use XI DB Lookup API's for accessing Database. Eventhough it will not give you maximum performance, it will be very easy to change the configuration parameters in JDBC Adapter (No need for hardcoding user id/password/Driver details etc.) and you can refer the same in your Lookup API's.

Please refer the link: <a href="/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler Weblog</a>

Regards,

Ananth