cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salesorder-> assign free stock->MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I want to know the process regarding the assigning of free stock...

What is free stock?How to assign free stock? what is going to happen after assigning free stock....

The scenario is

sales order->assigning of freestock-> MRPrun

with regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Azeez,

What's the meaning of free stock you are speaking about?

Do you think of unrestricted-use stock that is not assigned to a SO? That is not in SO special stock?

If you work in MTO environment, you should keep your stock assigned to your SO - if not, despite having the sufficient stock MRP will generate procurement proposals for each SO to fulfill the requirements.

Please make your question clear.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Csaba.

Yes i am asking about the same..

So how to assign the stock to my SO...

Actually what exactly this scenario is?

I am totally new to this type of scenario.

Please help me.

with regards

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are in MTO environment (e.g. strategy 20), you should organize your processes accordingly.

I mean your SO are the requirements and during MRP run you will get (e.g.) PldOrds or PurReqs > if you convert them to PrdOrds and POs and later you book GR against them you will receive the stock in the SO special stock segment automatically (E) /e.g. PO account assignemnt is "E" > the goods will be bookd to SO special stock).

If you have unrestricted-use stock and you want to move it to SO special stock please try MB1B + 412E.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

My scenario is like this... with 2 different company codes(UK and INDIA)

{ VA01->Assign free stock->MRP->PR->PO } this process is in UK.

{Requirement Generate->MRP->Planned Order->Production order->Sales Stock against PO} this process in INDIA.

here the PO is STO PO.

What is Assign free stock? what is happening if we assign free stock?

Please guide me.....

with regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Azeez

I think you are confused bcoz free goods is applicable in SD and MRP in PP. It is a free stock or chargable stock whatever be the case, production people has to produce the material. It will be decided only when you bill the customer whether to charge or not. In fact, you should call it as Free Goods.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi