cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation group - Delivery split

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a problem.

Please suggest solution as soon as possible. Million thanks in advance.

I have sales BOMs.

BOM 1- Header -ABC, with components 1212, & 2323.

BOM 2 - Header DEF, with components 4545, 5656

Transportation group (from Material Master)

Z01 - Restricted

Z02 - Unrestricted

Loading Group (from Material Master)

Z01 - Restricted

Z02 - Unrestricted

I have few BOMs where the transportation group of header item and components BOTH do not differ and ALSO differ to one another.

eg: ABC Z01 DEF Z01

1212 Z01 4545 Z01

2323 Z02 5656 Z01

SCENARIO 1:

I created an order with both the BOMs. A delivery batch runs for every one hour. Delivery batch had picked up this order and only one delivery is created with the Bom DEF, because it had the same transportation group for both header and components.

When I looked into error notes, it says, Delivery group 001 is not complete (delivery group will be deleted)

Delivery is not created when the transportation group differs to that of Header and component items.

SCENARIO II:

I changed the transportation group of Material 2323 (component of BoM ABC) from Z02 to Z01, and again I created an order with the two BOMs. Now it went fine and batch job created delivery with 2 BoMs.

Can anyone suggest me the reason behind this? What do I need to do to make my Scenario I work?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am giving you the solution what ever I understand from query because it is little bit confusing.

You have given two different loading group to different BOM.

Delivery document is created on the basis of shipping point and shipping point is determined on three criteria.

Plant u2013 Shipping condition u2013 loading group = shipping point.

So if you enter both BOM in one sales order then delivery will split up because of different loading group.

So if you want it should not split then you have to assign same loading group to your material master data in MM02.

Please do the setting in material master (MM02) for all the product it will not create problem then.

If this information is not enough or correct then let me know.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Thanks for the quick reply.

The issue is not with the loading group,i guess it is with the transportation group.

We are running deliveries in background batchjob.

Problem here is, for one BOM, header item has Z01 trans.group (from MTRL.MASTER) and one of the components has Z02. Because of the different transportations groups, the delivery is not being created. It is giving the message of Delivery group 001 can not be created and hence it is deleted.

I understand that Shipping point is determined based on the configuration in shipping point determination, but the main issue is when foreground/background batchjob is run (with the help of variant), the delivery split is not happening for the first BOM.

Can you help me? It is show stopper for us.

I thank you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are giving two different transportation group it means it will be determining two routes

You can do try two thing over here.

1. Maintain the same transportation group for both the material. If same transportation group you save in material master data then you might not get this error.

2. Go to 0VLk select your delivery document and go to detail. In route determination mention no new determination. So while create delivery it might not split.

But if you want to route to be determined then in sales order save the same route for your component to prevent from delivery split.

Try out these solution it might help you out.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Thanks for the response.

You are correct. I changed trans. group in the material master and made it unique for both header and component items. Then everything went fine.

My users want the split to happen though the transportation groups are different. However, the proposed route is the same for header and components.

But what if users say that, 1 component of BOM to be shipped overnight and it has to be restricted trans. group (Z01), route - OVNT? and the other component (Z02) can shipped by a route - 4DAY?

What would be the probable solution? Please let me know if i am not clear.

Thanks & Regards,

Vamsi.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone. This issue is closed.