cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two productive XI's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

does anyone has expierence dealing with two XI's in the productive stages. We want to use one XI for Interfaces Type "A" and the second XI for Type "B".

Thankx,

Werner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

i have some doubts that u will have success with your plan if you use proxies 4 communication as you have to configure SXMB_ADM / related integration server and additional a unique connection to SLD.

RFC and IDOC could be possible coz SM59 or WE20 r more flexible.

BTW, 2 XIs r distorting the basic concept of XI

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

Check out the similar threads, XI to XI scenarios:

These links will definitely give you an idea about the current situation.

Regards,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

my problem is not to connect two XIs serial, I'll use two parallel XIs on one SAP System. Thanks for the links but they are not related to the problem.

Regards Werner

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

but what's the problem?

two XI can connect without any problem with each other

can you be more precise ?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

the problem is e.g. that you have just one SAP system which is related to one integration server in the SLD, but you have to receive/send also messages from the second XI.

Regards Geert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

the point is not to connect to XIs. The point is that on SAP system is related to two XIs. With the standard SLD functionallit you can't do this.

Regards Geert

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

ok but maybe the problem is no what will work

(abap proxies will not I guess - for both)

but why do you need two XI's

I guess the question should not be: how to do 2 XIs

but why 2... and why 2 with r3

second one - what kind of communicaiton will

you be using (maybe idocs and RFC will work without sld)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

we will separate interfaces because of differnet business needs (operational availability, flexibility, change management, etc.). Thats why we want to use two or more parallel XIs for different interfaces. We also recogniced the problem with the SLD, and the different adapter types. Furthermore we discussed the idea to use one XI as dispatcher to provide two other XIs. But all this "solutions" are not really satisfing. It's more an work around than a solution.

Regards, Werner

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but maybe you'll have to use this workround (xi message forwarding)

since you will not have the full xi's functionality

with more then one XI I guess

but I'd post an OSS message to make sure

REgards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Werner,

Having seperate SLD servers for your two XI servers should resolve the issue i beleive. may be i am missing the point, but in our case , we have 3 XI servers , each has its own sld servers, we have the SAP system regsitered in all 3 sld servers and it works fine.

Thanks

Saravana

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

proxies work too ?

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

thanks for this hint. We will discuss this and perhaps we will do some testing.

Regards Werner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Werner, Let me add some more info on what we have done. We don't have 2 production boxes, but we have 1 dev , qa & prod boxes each with its own sld servers. we MANUALLY register development SAP client(s) and other applications of dev environment in dev sld ONLY, similarly register qa systems in qa sld and so on.

Now to enable transports(setting groups & transport targets etc), we export/import from Dev sld , the SWCVs , TS & BS systems of ur DEV environment to QA SLD. Similarly we export/import QA sld contents(swcv,TS & BS of QA environment) to prod sld.Initially we had a few glitches, but this setup works fine. a bit confusing thoe , isnt it

In ur case , you have two XI boxes , have two sld servers , regsiter your SAP system in both and u shud be ok. well, transports from acceptance to prod is going to be a bit tricky thoe , Good Luck

Regards

Saravana