cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing standard MSS Employee Search (Web Dynpro Java)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Currently I am working on EP 7.0, and we have some requirements on MSS Employee Search.

Based on SAP help:

Technical Names of iViews : com.sap.pct.erp.mss.employeesearch_geinfo

Technical Names of Web Dynpro Applications : sap.com/mss~eepro/GeneralInformation

So downloaded package msseeprosap.com through NWDI, and opened in NWDS.

There are 3 applications there:

com.sap.xss.hr.eeprofile.GeneralInformation

com.sap.xss.hr.eeprofile.CompensationInformation

com.sap.xss.hr.eeprofile.PersonnelDevelopment

and 2 Components:

CEmployeeProfile_1Comp

CEmployeeProfileAllComp

but there is no views inside these 2 components which contains the screen layout.(E.g: Dropdown list for Employee Selection, Input fields for Last name, Personal Number, Personal area, etc)

How can I identify which package contains the screen layout for employee search?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Feng,

This is based on Object and Data Provider(OADP) concept.

Go to SPRO-Integration with Other mySAP.com Components-Business Packages/Functional Packages-Manager Self-Service(mySAP ERP)-Object and Data Provider-Object Provider/Data Provider

Read the documentation of subnodes in Object Provider and Data Provider and you will get more details

check this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/052ebe90-0201-0010-debe-9ba011e6...

you will get details on OADP but main topic may not be relevant in that link

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

currently our project has a requirement to modify Employee Search iview: When user select one Org Unit, We need to have a button under the table which contains the users.

We imported package msstmvsap.com and found that it is using OADP screen.

Thus we imported pcui_gpoadpsap.com, we feel View "DataViewView" is the view that contains the user table, so I simply added one textview there, then deploy to server.

Then I run Employee Search, it is giving error

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sap.xss.ser.oadp.java.OADPObject incompatible with com.sap.xss.ser.oadp.java.OADPObject

at com.sap.xss.hr.tmv.vac.VTeamViewerComp.onBeforeOutput(VTeamViewerComp.java:303)

at com.sap.xss.hr.tmv.vac.wdp.InternalVTeamViewerComp.onBeforeOutput(InternalVTeamViewerComp.java:210)

at com.sap.xss.hr.tmv.vac.VTeamViewerCompInterface.onBeforeOutput(VTeamViewerCompInterface.java:144)

at com.sap.xss.hr.tmv.vac.wdp.InternalVTeamViewerCompInterface.onBeforeOutput(InternalVTeamViewerCompInterface.java:136)

at com.sap.xss.hr.tmv.vac.wdp.InternalVTeamViewerCompInterface$External.onBeforeOutput(InternalVTeamViewerCompInterface.java:212)

Then i removed that textview, deploy again, still it has this problem.

Any help?

Thanks with rewarding points!

Regards,

Guo Feng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logout then login to the portal. Problem was solved.

Answers (0)