cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII v12.1 Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Will v12.1 include SSO (SAPSSO2TICKET) support for JRA?

2. In a previous thread, it was stated that "going forward the SAP NetWeaver team recommends using JRA for all ECC communication". Please go into more detail on reasons why SAP NetWeaver team is recommending JRA over JCO.

3. What platforms will be released first? Unix(AIX)?

4. Do you have a feel for the date, or date range, when v12.1 will be available/released?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1. Yes in version 12.1 NW CE will support SSO for JRA

2. There are some advantages of using JRA over JCO such as thread- control, security configuration, transaction administration, establishment of connections and synchronization. These are all managed via the SAP application server and do not require you to make any settings in SAP JRA. In the MII application the JRA calls have the ability to buffer requests being sent to the ECC system if a connection is lost.

3. Are you talking for Ramp-Up or for General Availabilty (GA)? For GA they should all be available.

4. GA should be sometime around end of the 1st quarter or beginning of the 2nd of 2009.

Edited by: Erik Schrampf on Dec 5, 2008 2:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric, thanks for the info!

Was trying to establish some justification for our management for going to v12.1. On question #3, I had read in the forum that certain platforms would go first, then others later, but, yes, this may have been referring to Ramp Up...GA is what I am interested in, and it sounds like all platforms will be available. As far as justification goes, I listed Performance Enhancements at the top. Have read that the Business Logic is at least 10 times faster?

The only information I have on v12.1 is from a link on Expert Forum concerning the ramp-up. [] If you have or could point me to any other detailed info on 12.1, I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric, in addition to the questions in my last response, we do not currently have NetWeaver CE installed. Is CE required for SSO support with JRA with xMII v12.1?

Thanks

David

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

David,

MII 12.1 runs on top of NetWeaver CE 7.1.1 which is different than NW 7.0. So yes you will need NetWeaver CE and this version supports JRA SSO.

If you have an earlier version of MII there are 3 options for upgrade/migration.

For MII 11.5:

1. A content Migration can be done from the MII 11.5 box to the NetWeaver CE 12.1 box.

12.0 there are two options:

2. Content Migration from v 12.0 to 12.1 (only MII content). This will require two boxes one for each NW system.

3. Upgrade from MII 12.0 to 12.1. This will also upgrade your NetWeaver system as well from 7.0 to 7.1.1/CE and is run on one box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erik, your "#3" statement above...

Does this mean that you can now upgrade a NW 7.0/MII 12.0 server to NW 7.1/MII 12.1 without a second server?

I thought at one point, it was not possible to upgrade NW 7.0 to NW 7.1 CE.

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ryan,

Yes this is correct, but I believe it is only for 64 bit systems. There is an upgrade tool that is currenlty being tested which will do all the work for you on one system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"A should be sometime around end of the 1st quarter or beginning of the 2nd of 2009"

Is there an ETA on 12.1 for GA?

Answers (0)