cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SAP GUI Scripting work with SNC authentication ?

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have found that if we use SAP GUI Scripting, we can logon to a SAP ABAP AS using SNC authentication, but the Record button is greyed out. It this a configuration issue, or is there a reason why the SAP GUI Scripting cannot record a session when SNC is used for authentication ?

Thanks,

Tim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Are you refering to the GuiXT "feature"? Are you on SAPGui 7.10?

I have noticed an increase in the number of threads relating to this recently.

As far as I have been able to work out, this seems to have reached the end of it's shelf-life anyway.

It seems to be a restriction within session_management (which on the GUI side is "versions").

Cheers,

Julius

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julius,

I am not sure whether GuiXT is used. All I know is that the customer opens MX Excel, and then there is a GUI Scripting menu where he is able to connec to SAP and after the connection SAP GUI is launched and the Record button is not available anymore.

The version of SAP GUI which was used to show me the problem was 6.40. The customer is moving to 7.10 so I am sure they need to know if this will be an issue for them with that version also.

I searched SDN and could't find any other cases where people have mentioned GUI Scripting with SNC being used. Did I miss the threads you referred to ?

Thanks,

Tim