cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE License Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

We moved portal sandbox to another new box and the hardware key changed and asking for new licnese.. But J2EE server is going down within 3 to 4 min. It is not staying up for 30min..I am not able to bring up the Visual Administrator to apply license..Is there any other way to apply license to J2EE..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi veera,

can i know what kind of method are you using to move you portal?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Restart your server... after initial startup you'll have 30 minutes to upload the license via Visual Admin. If the engine fails to stay up then something else is causing it so look at std_server0.out and std_dispatcher.out and post the errors here.

As said above if its an ABAP+JAVA system them applying the license in ABAP will be enough

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The engine is failing to stay for 30min.. I checked the std_server0.out log file. below is the error it says.

com.sap.engine.frame.ServiceException: Start of UME service failed. Check help topic "Start of UME Service Failed". Technical details: Logon not possible

(error in license check)

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:398)

at com.sap.engine.frame.ApplicationFrameAdaptor.start(ApplicationFrameAdaptor.java:31)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:214)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:79)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:150)

Caused by: com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.PersistenceException: Logon not possible (error in license check)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3PersistenceBase.newPersistenceException(R3PersistenceBase.java:178)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3PersistenceBase.init(R3PersistenceBase.java:446)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.<init>(PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.java:440)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.newInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:164)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:117)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:63)

at com.sap.security.core.InternalUMFactory.initializeUME(InternalUMFactory.java:221)

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:287)

... 6 more

[Framework -> criticalShutdown] Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

Dec 4, 2008 4:32:42 PM com.sap.engine.core.Framework [SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_82] Fatal: Critical shutdown was invoked. Reason is: Core s

ervice com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

</verbosegc>

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems like the config of your UME is not right... check via Configtool and then try to start the engine again.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, read Note 831812 - Config Tool shows incorrect parameters after System Copy

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like your Portal UME is pointing to an abap stack. Please login to config tool after you start the portal and correct the UME settings. Once the UME settings is corrected, the portal will stay up for 30 mins and then you can apply the new license.

Regards,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Do not change time ...

Are you trying to check the dev_server0 log? If you have ABAP+JAVA and JAVA are not add-in installation you not need to JAVA license, only abap... Try to check logs ...

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am checking the logs in SM21

Former Member
0 Kudos

T

Edited by: VEERA VATTIKUTI on Dec 4, 2008 2:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have only Java there is no ABAP.. i checked the server logs and they say license check failed.. the J2EE server is coming down before i try to start the Visual administrator to apply the license..

Edited by: VEERA VATTIKUTI on Dec 4, 2008 2:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Veera-

If the hardware key changed then you need to request new license from SAP.

to my knowledge ther might not be any other way to get arroud pls correct me if im wrong.

Thanks,

GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can try the following.

1. Change the system date to a on older date and start the system

2. Then apply the license

3. then change the system to exact date

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the new license key..the J2EE server is going down before i try to bring up the Visual administrator for applying the licnese key...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You shud be having temp license anyway onw hich you apply your perm

can you see the server0 log and see what it says in it.