cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Document Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

i need to create new SD document Category.Which is maintained in billing type.-SD Document Category1InQuiry, 2 - Qoutation...etc

I need to change this and create new one.

Can anone help me to create new SD Document Category.

Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Amit, I dont think you are allowed to create new Document Categories, What was the need for you to create new document cateogory?? Rather you can use a new document type for your purpose.

The Document Categories are hardcoded inside SAP Programs to a greater extent.

So its not advisable to create one (if possible)

Thanks

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Actually i m creating intercompany proforma Invoice. For this i maintain SD Doc category-5. Which affects my output description.It Dispalays Intercompany Billing instead of Proforma Invoice.

And if i use SD Doc Cat---U,Then Payer is coming as an end customer instead of internal customer.

Can you help me to solve this.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this requirement, why don't you ask your ABAP'er to make the changes in the program which would fulfil your requirement. I mean to say that if an ABAP'er put the logic in the output program {associated with your invoice output type} to pull the header of your invoice from standard text wherein you maintain the text Pro-forma Invoice then your problem will be solved..

Hrishi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to use pro forma invoice function in cross-company billing, please check Note 833115 and 445763.

If you need a new document category for this document, please realize it in Domain VBTYP. The customer can define his own one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think this is possible...

But, can you explain why you are looking for this requirement ?

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Actually i m creating intercompany proforma Invoice. For this i maintain SD Doc category-5. Which affects my output description.It Displays Intercompany Billing instead of Proforma Invoice.

And if i use SD Doc Cat---U,Then Payer is coming as an end customer instead of internal customer.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why are you taking the Description from the Document category, Take the description from the document type.

if the requirement is just for the print out / then i guess in the smartform you can design it how ever way you want. check with an abaper, you should be able to get it.

for this requirement i guess you dont have to think about creating a new document category.