cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM21 - "Error in Log conversion from SAPDiag to HTML"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm working on an SAP conversion project from 4.7 to ECC6.0. I'm having a problem getting this ITS screen working for Address change. It originally was running in Standalone ITS and now we're moving to Integrated. WEBGui is working, so I think it must be service specific. I published the ITS and it published successfully to "Internal", however the status of the page is "Saved/Part-Published". I find this odd because there should only be one server with Integrated ITS, and the info behind the status say that this means it was not published to all servers. When I run the service I get an error that occurs immediately after the ABAP code that calls the screen is complete. SM21 shows as an error description:

"The user session has been terminated after an error in the log

conversion from SAPdiag to HTML. Look in the preceding syslog entries to

find the cause of the error. For more error details, refer to the trace

files."

There is no preceding syslog entry before this error messge. Running the transaction itself in SAPGui reaches the same part of the code where it does a "Call Screen 0100" but it doesn't fail then. I'm thinking it has something to do with the pages being published properly, but the publishing logs show no issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Marcos Suero

Northgate Arinso.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I have an update. "generateDynpro" was turned on, and I found a note saying that this should not be turned on for EWT transactions, which is what this is. So I had it turned off in SICF and tried again. Now I'm getting an error saying the template does not exist. However it does exist, as the service and screen are there and published to site INTERNAL. I did a complete publish from the top level node. It still shows as "Part-published" but the publising log shows no problems.

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marcos,

Please keep in mind that most ESS transactions are not supported on the Integrated ITS. See note 870126 for more details.

For this issue you should look at the ST11 trace file for the workprocess that the error was reproduced on for more information. It will tell you what program and screen number was needed and missing.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you create the template for the screen you are trying to access?If not then please,create template for the screen under the required service and then publish the whole service and try.

Regards.

santanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santanu, that was the issue. The theme was not one of the SICF parameters. I have the ITS screens loading once again. Thanks both for the help.

Answers (0)