SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate Record management into campus management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I need to know how would I customize the record management so as to use record in transaction PIQST00.

Actually in the customizing when I try to modify or create a record with the RMS ID S_RMS_HER_ST the system shows that:

"The registered record models are all invalid, Notify the system administrator." and next to that "Service provider called: Incorrect SP object status.

Message no. SRMF071".

The second message is shown once.

Please, we want to know how would we customize a record for a student.

Thanks in advance.

Fernando

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi Vikran,

We need a document if it would be possible, explaing how would I configure record management so as to work with standard.

Something easy, or information a bit more especific to use the record management in campus.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards Fernando

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Fernando,

Please find an explanation regarding how to activate Records Management w.r.t. IS-HER.

Activate Records Management

If Records Management is activated, you can create records for students in Records Management. The function for this is then available in the student file and in student master data maintenance. In the records you create in Records Management, you can electronically store documents such as transcripts.

SLCM Master Data>>Students>>Integration with Records Management.

Enter the desired value for group SRM and setting USE-SRM.

"X": Records Management is activated.

" " (blank): Records Management is not activated.

If you have activated Records Management, you can create records for your students in Records Management from the student file or from master data maintenance. Before you can create these records, you must make the following basic settings in your system:

ID of the Records Management System

Element type of the record

Element type of the record model

Record model name

Requirements

You have made the required settings in Records Management. You make these settings in the SAP Customizing Implementation Guide under SAP NetWeaver -> SAP Web Application Server -> Basis Services -> Records Management.

Standard settings

The standard Campus Management system contains the following Records Management System for the student file:

S_RMS_HER_ST (Campus Management (student records))

You can Use Transaction ORGANIZER to use Records Management.

Hope this will help in solving your issue.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for your instructions Vinod,

We did all you mentioned in customizing before,but we have still the problem in transaction ORGANIZER, when I try to create a template with ID RMS S_RMS_HER_ST as a record.

The system shows the following errors.

"The registered record models are a

Notify the system administrator. ", and after that appears the following message

"Service provider called: Incorrect SP object status.

Message no. SRMF071"

I am looking forward to receiving any commnts.

Best regards and thanks in advance.

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

Following are the steps which you need to perform to use records managment integration in SLcM.

1.Create a record model using trx ORGANIZER with RMS ID=S_RMS_HER_ST under element type of node RECORD MODEL.here you define the structure in which you want to hold the records for the student.You add the nodes which you require and define the record types(Docs,pdf,web URLs)you want to have.You have to save the record model and set the status to released.

2.Right click on the model(seen in history),click on information,and locate the DOC ID.You have to add this doc ID to the element type of the RECORD node.

Once this is done set the SLcM specific Customizing in SPRO->Campus management->Master data->Students->integration of records management->Define use of records management.

Here you enter the IDs of the elelment types of the record and the record model and the name of the record model you created along with the RMS ID.

Hope this helps,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

You information is so useful for me.

But I have still the problem where shoudl I define the record types(Docs,pdf,web URLs).

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Fernando.

0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

The document type is set in the trx ORGANIZER,in the record model which we create.Double click on your record model.You can see the structure of the record model then.When you click on a node,on the right side you can see its properties.The property "Element type"can be used to set the type of document you want to store.It can be set to * to support any document type.

Hope this helps,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

0 Kudos

Hi Vikran,

We need a document if it would be possible, explaing how would I configure record management so as to work with standard.

Something easy, or information a bit more especific to use the record management in campus.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards Fernando

0 Kudos

Dear Fernando,

To activate the records management go to

IMG>>SAP NetWeaver >>Application Server>>Basic Services>>Records Management

For more info follow the SAP Library Link for records Management.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/15/d61d3c29c3217ee10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

For using the records management functionality in SLCM use the following Path.

IMG>>SLCM>>Master Data in SLCM>>Students>>Integration of Records Management.

Hope it solves your issue.

Regards

Vinod Kumar