cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data in Planning Book and Bex Report are different

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an issue, here we are using SCM 4.1 Version .

Data for one key figure (only) in DP Planning book and Bex report seems to be diferent, Bex reports gets data from Back up cube, so checked dta in backup cube which backs up data every day night. My understanding is Planning book data is backed up into infocube,

there are lot of Defaut macros defined for this planning book. I checked if all macros are working properly and they seem to be fine.

I beleive this issue has been there for long. When Planning book is opened andsaved manually for each product> location then the data is getting save and showing up on next day in backup cube.

Now we require to get this save saved as we opne the planing book.

Can you please advie if I need to add any new macros or why the data is not getting saved??

Thanks Koli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if the data inthebackup cube is matching with the planning book..if not please check if the cube and the report is showing up the values of the previous day saved data. if not please check if the values in the BEX report differs by a scaling factor as it is possible to maintain a scaling factor for the keyfigure in the query designer. Also please let us know if you have this issue for other Keyfigures as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I checked data is BAckup cube differes from Planning book data. can you please exlain what does scaling factor mean and how does this maintained.

Yes yesterday also the data is defferent as I mentioned if I open planning book and load Material < Location combination and save planning book manually this data got save and showing up correctly in next day after previous night back up cube run.

And this is happening only for present month final forecast key figure.

Thanks Koli

Former Member
0 Kudos

since you are saying that this issue exists only in this month so I dont think its a macro issue. please check if the update in the infocube is happens every night. you can check the time stamp of the request in the cube. . Scaling factor comes into picture if the data in the report is not right and if you see correct data in the cube. you can set scaling factor for that keyfigure in the report. For example if the value in the cube is 100..you can set the scaling factor as say 10..so that you can see it as something like 10 in the report

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also check if the Planning book data is getting saved into source data of Palnning area. and if data in Planning area data source and data in backup cube are same. Sometimes Planning book data is not saved.

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the suggestions, I checked all macros they ey seem to be all working fine. Can u advice how do I check source data in Planning area to check if the Planning book data whiche is saved.

Koli

Former Member
0 Kudos

To check Planning book data saved in Planning area Source. Open your Planning area in diplay mode, On Menu select Extras> Data Extraction tool. On the screen you get unselect Debug mode, and select the critera you want to view.Check this data with your Planning book data if they are same and also check this data in backup cube and se what datas are matching. Now if you Planning book data is not matcheing with Planning areas extractd data means data in Planning book did nto get saved. Open Planning book and check if you have desired data and save. THis should get saved in Planning areas source data which actually backsup into backup infocube.

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for all the help. I checked data in Planning areas source data , and compared with Planning book and data content in infocube.. I found that back up cube data and Source data in P.A are same and Planning book data is different and this is desired data.

When I opened my planning book with desired Product Sold to combination and saved , checked daata in P.A source it got saved. I ran the back up cube job again and data is now correctly seen. I asked user to take Bex report now and all looks fine.

However I am not sure why this is not saved. I will go through all macros once again and analyse.

Koli

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before tacking the backup, run all the macros in the background. This will ensure that the macros run at individual CVC level.

Regards,

rajesh