cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Through RFC Lookup, Is it possible to update the R3 table ?????

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have scenario where I need to update the R3 Table using the RFC look up process,

Is there restrictions.....???

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: TahirBabu Atther on Dec 4, 2008 3:35 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not recommended

See the javadoc for Lookup API

http://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04S/current/pi/index.html

Executes a remote function call. The method does not support transactional behaviour. Therefore, it should not be used to change the state in the accessed system; writing data to the accessed system can lead to inconsistencies. The method should only be used to read data from the accessed system.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is strictly not recommended.

The message processing could fail and restartet, the mapping performed twice and the RFC could create dublicate entries.

A better aproach: Do a split mapping, where you send a second message to an RFC receiver channel.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is my prerequisite to update R3 table before triggering the IDOC, So I am using RFC lookup to update the table. Is there any approach without using BPM, I need to handle this with in XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it can be done thru Proxy's!

Have a proxy developed and call your RFC inside proxy for any of your purpose!

Find the below link for referrence!

Regards,

Jilan

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Combin the RFC call and Idoc trigger requirement at receiver end and communicate with XI using ABAP Proxy.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would just need a function module to be remote enabled for the look up process.

Whatever is you do in the function module is independent of what XI does. So you would be able to update tables in your function module.