cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of SAP Frontend 7.10 Patch Level 10 in silent mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need help with the installation of SAP Frontend (especially SAP GUI for Windows) in silent mode, i.e. without user-interaction.

I tried to generate a self-installing package as described in "SAP Front End Installation Guide Release 7.10" in NWSAPSetup administration tool but with no effect. (When i start the self-installing package the Gui appears as usual with user-interaction).

My Questions are:

- Is there any way to realize silent install of SAP GUI?

- Can anyone give me a step-by-step manual to generate a self-installing package for silent installation in NWSAPSetup (maybe I have done something wrong)?

Thanks beforehand for your help.

Greets C.Peifer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, for GUI you can find special forum ..

In documentation "SAP Front End Installation Guide Release 7.10" all are clear ...

Are you paste the /silent check the slesh are correct ?

Example

<server><shared folder>setupNWSAPSetup.exe /package:u201C<package command-line name>u201C /silent

Try to check on ADMIN TOOL where you create this package, you will check the command to install

package ... For silent do not remeber /silent

Regadrs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thx for your answer Sergo. I tried it the way you described and that is the same way as described in "SAP Frontend Installation Guide". And it did work.

But what I am exactly looking for is a possibility to realize a silent installation from a self-made Installation Package locally without being dependent from an Installation Server.

Is there a way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like same /silent mode ....

P.S. are you have >= PL 8 on your installation server ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem solved. I exported an Installation Package from the Installation Server as described in the Installation Guide, copied it to my local machine and wrote a .bat - script with appendix /silent, i.e. remote_install_2008128_1132.exe /silent. After that the Silent-Installation of SAP GUI is being performed.

Thank you for your Help.

Edited by: Carsten Peifer on Dec 8, 2008 10:04 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any particular reason why you've copied Carsten's text?