cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration needed for non-SAP system as Idoc sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a need to connect a non-SAP system which is sending an Idoc to XI. I understand that on the sender side, we need to create a tRFC port from the sender system with the server address of the Integration as the target host?

My question is on the PI side, are the configurations the same as a SAP system, i.e. maintaining the port in IDX1 and getting the metadata in IDX2 or will it be different?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In PI, you will need to create a port in IDX1 with the same port name as the Idoc control record when the Idoc comes from the non SAP system.

As you cannot load the Idoc metdata from your actual source, you will need to copy the Idoc metadata from a actual SAP system or from the port of another SAP system in IDX2

Also, in the Business Service / System, make sure that the logical system name is maintained as per the Idoc control record of the source.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh!

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you give it a shot, did it work?

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

follow up question:

There was a suggestion to use an MQ to connect the non-SAP system to send the idoc to PI and use the JMS adapter to pick up the message. Is this at all possible, since the JMS adapter will not be able to convert the idoc to an xml message.

Edited by: Luqman on Dec 5, 2008 9:40 PM

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

depends on how the JMS system is going to provide you with the data.

If it can provide you with the Idoc XML then you have nothing to worry about else you cannot.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow-up:

"Issue" resolved. As recommended, idx1 port created with value matching the SNDPOR field of the inbound idoc. Works like a charm. Thanks for the assist!