cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appropriation Request Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know if users will be able to change the data in the appropriation request if it is already with the approver for approval. I want to know if the system will actually "lock" the Approriation Request object when it is in for approval status.

Thanks!

Regards,

Vivian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually the issue here is that if the Appropriation Request is already with approvers for approval. No user should be able to still change the values via IMA12. I am not sure if SAP is able to lock the AR from being edited via normal edit transaction IMA12 if it has been routed for approval with SAP standard AR workflow already.

Thanks!

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Standard SAP

For the standard SAP, if the object is standard workflow object than user will be able to change the Object from that standard SAP change transaction.

After channges of user, system should be configured like that it should delete the old workitem which has been triggered to approver & will trigger new work- item for the approver. So, in your case I believe SAP will not lock the AR & user will be able ot cahnge AR from Edit Txn IMA12.

If you have customised standard workflow object than you can make the customisation for the locking the object. ( which not normally recommded )

Regards

Nitin

Edited by: Nitin Patoliya on Dec 4, 2008 8:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any final answer for Vivian's question? I have the same issue:

Once the APR was submit for approval, workflow will be triggerred and multiple level of approvers can go to APR to change the status of the APR through workflow, one after another. The event linkage is activated, no direct status change is possible. However, the initiator can go into the APR to change any field of the original APR which is in the way of being approved. In such case, the later approver might see different value/contents because it was change since the earlier approvers approved it. The requirement is to make the change not possible once workflow is on the way.

Questions:
How to lock all the fields once an APR is subject to approval in workflow?
Is there a way to cancel the workflow sent if the initiator want to make some changes to the APR?

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

George

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure that I am correctly following your answer.

But I have worked in scenario like endsuser / requester use e- portal & approver is approveing the same in e- portal via workitem in his inbox.

If this is the scenario than surely Workflow business object weather it is project/ WBS/ AR it will be locked for end user & not for the approver.

But if both are using SAP R/3 system Than it will depending upon what authorisation is having with the Enduser & settings of Business object workflow container.

But ideally it should be locked.

I feel, if you ask to ABAP forum you will get the better result.

Regards

Nitin

Edited by: Nitin Patoliya on Dec 4, 2008 6:56 PM