cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get long table on second page of Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to create a Smartform with 2+ pages. The first page is a letter, and the second and subsequent pages contain a table which could be one or more pages long.

If I put the letter in the main window of the first page, and the table in the main window of the second page, I do not get a table.

If I put the letter in the main window of the first page, and the table in a secondary window of the second page, then I get the table. But it truncates at the end of the page. It does not go on to multiple pages.

If I put the table on the first page in the main window, then I get the entire table for as many pages as it takes to contain it.

I want the letter on the first page, and the entire table on as many subsequent pages as it takes to contain it. What am I doing wrong?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

put ur table in the main window and in the conditions tab put some condition such tht it comes only after the second page

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My co-worker suggested "You can put the "letter" info in secondary windows that only appear on the first page. Put a manual page break in the main window before you process the table. The secondary windows will be printed on the first page and then the page break will cause the form to go the the second page before it starts the table."

This fixed it. Thanks for you help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Define the letter in the first page....if you think that the data is constant for the letter then define it in the secondary window itself and if you think its not then go for main window and in that table...

Now coming to the second page define the data in the main window and also apart from that define the third page also which should be same as second page....

in the second page set go to as third page and in the third page set go to as third page...

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Rohan.