cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM transfer technique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to transfer material bom components to network activities, but the components are not getting attched and i am not able to see those componets in the netwrok activities.

what i did.

1- Created one ref point

2-Entered the same ref point in BOM component

3-Created one activity and attached the same ref point in that activty and saved.

After this i feel , all the respected componets should get attached to the activity,

but its not happening.

Can anybody put some light on this, where i am doing the mistake.

Regards

Ashis

Edited by: ashis mohanty on Dec 4, 2008 1:35 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

After you have maintained the reference point for both BOM and the internal activity at the places where

they should be , you need to take care of the following fields in the transaction CN33 ( which basically helps to execute the assignment of BOM components to the Object in question ( network activity )

In CN33, you need to fill up of the following fields,apart from Project Def or WBS elem and Network

1.selection profile

2.Material name

3.BOM Usage ( this should match with what has been maintained in material BOM )

4.If alternative BOM is maintained, you need to fill this too.

and then execute..

Check the same..It should help !

BR,

M.Amarendra

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

After you have maintained the reference point for both BOM and the internal activity at the places where

they should be , you need to take care of the following fields in the transaction CN33 ( which basically helps to execute the assignment of BOM components to the Object in question ( network activity )

In CN33, you need to fill up of the following fields,apart from Project Def or WBS elem and Network

1.selection profile

2.Material name

3.BOM Usage ( this should match with what has been maintained in material BOM )

4.If alternative BOM is maintained, you need to fill this too.

and then execute..

Check the same..It should help !

BR,

M.Amarendra

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prequisitue of BOM Transfer : The automatic assignment of BOM items to network activietues is performed via reference point field that you can find in the inter processed activeity on assignment tab & in BOM items in the Basic data details screen.

Use tan CN33 --> enter you project no. --> execute.

Regards

Nitin

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to run cn33 after you have specified reference points on both network activities and bom component