cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does WAS 6.40 support persisted JMS queue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

i am using the sneak preview WAS 6.40, which presumably has a 6.30 j2ee engine. been reading on the jms topics at help.sap.com and also trying out the configuration in visual admin tool. but so far, i can't find any information on the support for persisted queue.

in my application, i am using jms to send and retrieve notifications. i'd like to have the capability of storing the notification when the subscriber is not accessible at the time of generation. on weblogic, i can create a queue that is persisted through database tables. does sap j2ee engine support something similar?

i did come across in the documentation a publish/subscribe scenario with permanent backup, but not much in details. for example, where is it backed up, in what format etc.

there is also a mention of using external jms provider through a jar file. but again, no detail on how this external provider should be implemented and then how to use it in the application.

any information is appreciated. or a simple comfirmation that persisted queue is not supported in was 640 would help too.

wentao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sabine_heider
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Wentao,

what exactly do you mean by persisted queue? The JMS provider that is part of the WAS 6.40 uses a relational database to store perstistent messages in order to support the guaranteed delivery mode. So if you send persistent messages (DeliveryMode.PERSISTENT) to either a queue or a topic, the message is stored in a database table as part of the send procedure.

With topics, you have use durable subscribers if you want to receive also those messages that have been sent while the subscriber is offline.

If this is what you want to know - yes that's supported.

Regards,

Sabine

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sabine,

thank you very much for the reply. this is what i wanted to know. now i will do some experimentation with the durable publish/subscribe model.