cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can we revise the pricing both at header and item level of sales order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Now there's one issue of the pricing to me. i want to revise the pricing both at header and item level of sales order. but after i finished the cutomize and tested it, it's more different as i thought. i found that the pricing can revise at the one side only,for example, if i revise the pricing at item level and it's grey and can't be revised at the header. on the other hand, it's the same result what's happened at item.

So, in my opinion, we can't revise the pricing both at header and item, right? if not, please give me more advices and teach me how to solve the problem. thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Robert

In continuation to what Hrishi told, please note that in sale order / billing in condition tab, you can see two boxes "Update" and "Activate". If you click update button, all item conditions value will change. On the other hand, if you click Activate, header level condition values will not change but the net value will change. This is bcos, the header value is being entered manually and you can change the same again manually.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks a lot for your kindly and useful answer for me and I learn more for the pricing technology.

I didn't notice the way that you reminded ago therefore I also saw the button at the condition tab. And your suggestion makes me know more.

And I had tested the way that you said, I met with a question. Below is my opinion for my testing.

I had created one SO and the pricing was $10, then I revised the pricing from 10 to 15 by VK11. It can't be updated automatically at SO and I must update it manually by clicking the "Update" button. This is OK for my testing, but I have another question to disturb you for the use of "Active" button. When I click the button and nothing is responsed, it's quite different what you said. So, please give more detail for the Active button. Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now, the header conditions don't have any access sequence attached to them, which means there are no condition records for them. Basically, update pricing is done at item level b'coz item conditions have the access sequence which in turn have the condition records. This means, there should be a provision of updating the pricing if there are any changes in condition records after creation of the sales documents. For that reason normally update pricing is done at item level...

Hope this will give you some clarity about this update pricing thing.

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hrishi,

Thanks a lot for your kindly answer. And it's quite useful for me to know this question more.

I knew that the access sequence was used for the item level, and I wish I can find a new way to deal with the problem for header level. But the truth is that I can do anything for the header level.

Anyway, I must give my hornor thanks to you again. It's my pleasure to meet with you, Hrishi.