cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rpc style wsdl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a wsdl with soapenc type and soapenc array type. The webservice is RPC style.

does PI 7.0 support rpc style call. I read we could do it by creating soap request and using do not use soap

envelope. Still do we need to encode the values before sending it out of PI? where does the encoding take place ?

I am using the soap lookup for the webservice call. So can i use the soap request structure directly inside the udf ? Please help...

Thanks,

Aju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RPC style is not supported in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Thanks for the reply.

1. So our option is to ask the webservice provider to change it to doc type , right?

2.And what to do with soapen data type . do we need to do the encoding before we send.. what i mean to ask is how does PI handle the datatype differences.. for example if we send a string type data to a soap enc type data type ... should we do the encoding. and where does the encoding happen ?

3. when we use the do not use soap envelope , we need to create the soap request in the message mapping ,

including the header and send to adapter, and adapter makes the call with it wihout making any changes. is that right ?

Thanks,

Aju