Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorizing the report painter reports:looking for help

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am looking for some help in restricting the Report generated using report Painter/Report writer.

The report painter report is coming with the SAP auto generated program.

Now what we are doing is we are creating a Z t code and in that we are incorporating a z Authorization object and assigning it to end user .

How ever we are nopt able to control it over the required org levels.

We want to control it over the Profit centre so the Z authorization what we have created we are using Profit centre and profit centre group as the fields.And once we assign this Z tCode to the end user the Z authorization object is getting added..so we are adding it manually.

And giving the field values as required ..Profit centre.

However user is able to run report even for the Unauthorized Profut centre also.

Can someone please help me on the above issue.

And I just want to make sure am in the right track or this not the way to authorize the report painter reports?

And also i have gone through some threads they are more or less following the same approach...

And other doubt is that the Z tcode what we are creating using the auto generated propgram is of report transaction but I read in some plcae that we are suppose to make it as prameter transaction.

Can some one suggest me on this too.

Advance Thanks for your timely help.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you included the Zobject that you created in your program code for Authority-check. ?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you included the Zobject that you created in your program code for Authority-check. ?

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If I understand you correct, you have created an authorization object and assigned it to the transaction code you have created for the report i SE93.

If that's the case, the authorization is check when the report is called, that is, it can only be used to control whether the user is allowed to start the report or not, it can't be used to control for which profit canter the user has access.

The authorization check needed here needs to be implemented in the source-code. As it's an auto generated source code, you need to look for a BAdI or User Exit, there is a user exit called PCAAUTHO (exit_saplkefp_001) profitcenter report - Note 628694, But i'm not sure if that will du the trick.

Regards

Morten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look on OSS for terms Report Painter and Authorization

There are a few notes on there which give you info on how to implement additional checks

554340, 107394 might be worth checking

Edited by: Alex Ayers on Dec 4, 2008 1:20 PM

0 Kudos

Thanks For all the help.

My colleague used some object in the CO area then we are able to restrict.

Hence closing the thread.

Thanks.