Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enqueue server and Message server in ABAP/Java dual stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi you guys,

I have some questions when studying SAP, could you please explain for me:

- In ABAP and Java system, do each stack have it own enqueue server and message server?

- What is the difference between Enqueue server and enqueue work process in ABAP stack?

- If there is one message server for each stack, which messager server (ABAP or Java) will the Web dispatcher connect directly to?

- How do ABAP message server and Java message server communicate with each other?

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

New Features are added in SAP NetWeaver AS 7.0.

Pls find more details on

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/42/f941a1ed743ee3e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Regards

Krishna vanga

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

1. in Dual Stack, normally you have ABAP Stack and SCS Central service Instance. ABAP Instance has Message server, SCS has it own Message server and enqueue server. ABAP instance doesn't have enqueue server, because the SCS already has enqueue service

2. Communication between ABAP and J2EE Engine uses RFC (JCo) or HTTP Interface.

Web Dispatcher will connect to the ICM of that instance, and the ICM is talking to Abap dispatcher and J2EE Dispatcher.

3. The term: enqueue server and enqueue work process , already shows its different quite obviously.

What so confuse about it ? do some search on SAP Online Documentation.

Regards,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your answer, Vincent.

I want to ask another question. In SAP NetWeaver 2004s (7.0), the version of Web AS is SAP NetWeaver AS 7.0, right? So what is the difference between SAP NetWeaver AS 7.0 and SAP Web AS 6.40? I cannot find any document of this.

Thank you again.