cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification from Service desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have setup the service desk, tested, and it is working fine. My next step is that when the message "arrives' in SolMan, I want the system to send an email to the necassery person/people.

Can someone assist me with this?

Jaco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jaco,

This is how I configured it in our system.

An e-mail will be sent to the Support Team from the moment a new Support Message is created from a satellite system.

Before this action is executed, another action is executed which defines the correct Support Team for the message based on the SID of the satellite system.

--

 Automatically send mail to Support Team when new Support Message arrives in Solution Manager created from a PRD satellite system

o Maintain e-mail address for BP of Support Team

o Implement note 1041455 with ZCRM_DNO_PARTNER_1

o Action u2018When Message is Created, find Support Team Responsibleu2019 needs to be executed first, otherwise the Support Team field will be empty

o TA SPPFCADM

o Application: CRM_ORDER

o Button: Define Action Profile and Actions

o Support Desk Message: SLFN0001_ADVANCED > Action Definition

 ZSLFN0001_ADVANCED_FIND_PRTNR > Processing Types

u2022 Method : ZCRM_DNO_PARTNER_1

NEW ACTION: WHEN SEND EMAIL TO SUPPORT TEAM IF "OPEN"

 Action Definition : Z_MAIL_TO_SUPPORTTEAM_OPEN

 Description : Send E-Mail to Support Team if "Open"

 Double-click Z_MAIL_TO_SUPPORTTEAM_OPEN

u2022 Processing Time: Processing when saving document

u2022 Processing Times Not Permitted : No Restrictions

u2022 Sort Order For Display: 11

u2022 Schedule Automatically (no user interaction needed) : checked

u2022 Delete After Processing : not checked

u2022 Changeable in Dialog (action can be manipulated in TA CRMD_ORDER): not checked

u2022 Executable in Dialog : not checked

u2022 Display in Toolbox (show action in Action button of TA CRMD_ORDER) : not checked

u2022 Partner-Dependent (in case of i.e. automatic mailing, here the recipient can be assigned) : checked

o PartnerFunction : SLFN0003

u2022 Determination Technology : Determination Using Conditions that Can Be Transported

u2022 Rule Type : Workflow Conditions

u2022 Action Merging (define how many times action can be executed) : Max. 1 Action for Each Action Definition

 Z_MAIL_TO_SUPPORTTEAM_OPEN > Processing Types

u2022 Assignment : Smart Forms Mail (in case of i.e. sending notification mails)

u2022 Form Name : ZMAIL_TO_BP

u2022 Processing Class : CL_DOC_PROCESSING_CRM_ORDER

u2022 Processing Method : CRM_SRVORDER_EXEC_SMART_FORM

u2022 Archive Mode : Mail Only

 Define conditions for actions

o TA SPPFCADM / CRMC_ACTION_CONF

o Application : CRM_ORDER

o Button : Condition Configuration (Transportable Conditions)

o Button : Technical Names

o Service Desk : SLFN0001_ADVANCED

 Action Z_MAIL_TO_SUPPORTTEAM_OPEN

u2022 Schedule Condition: Z_SEND_MAIL_OPEN

&CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0001ZSMSD001

--

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Roel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roel

I have done it like that. Here is my problem. The message only gets send when i go into Solman, open the message and fill a name in the Reported by field. This field does not get populated automatically.

I think this is my problem. When someone creates the message, that person's name should be in the "Reported by" field. Also how do i determine the who gets the message that there is a "call' for him?

So there should be two messages send: 1 to the Creator of the message to tell him the message is attended to and another one to the resposible person.

Can you assist in this?

Jaco Snyman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jaco,

To make sure that the Reported By field is populated with the username of the user that is creating the message from a satellite system; you need to verify that in the Identification tab of the Business Partner of the user, the satellite system with the correct SID / Client / Installation number / username is maintained.

Roel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roel

I will make sure of this, thanx.

Jaco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roel

It worked perfectly, thanx. What is the difference between: Sold-to-Party, Reported by, Support Team and Message Processor? And how are these populated. When I change the status to "In Progress"

the Reported by gets a mail which states that "One of your activities is overdue". I do not understand. Could you please shed some wisdom on this?

Jaco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another way would be to write a ABAP report for that purpose (that's the way I did it way back in SolMan 3.2 and I still use it in 7.0). I can send you my coding if you're interested.

Cheers,

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is not simple. I know it for a group of nec. persons.

please check service.sap.com there is a not for your problem or execute in IMG the actions:

1. SOLMAN_SUP_TEAM

2. SOLMAN_SUPP_AU_EMAIL

This should be work and you send an email to a nec. team of your service desk. the other way is much more work. you must define the rule in SOLMAN_SUP_TEAM for every person in your support structure.

/greetings nico

Edited by: Nico Effenberger on Dec 5, 2008 9:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is such a basic functionality I do not understand why it is not built into the service desk. Nevertheless take a look at:

Former Member
0 Kudos

oops wrong link. look at sap note

Note 691303 - Sending E-Mail from message after status change

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is such a basic functionality I do not understand why it is not built into the service desk.

yes - I agree.

We will switch off our Service Desk at the end of the year and we will use OTRS which is MUCH more convenient (email communication is parsed and put back into the call) and other things.

We don´t want to hire CRM experts to customize basic functionality (too expensive and inconvenient).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nico

Thanx for your answer, but I do not understand it completely. Could you explain a bit more on what I should do?

Thanx

Jaco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you download the saptutor file in the note. It is for a older verision of solman, hence there are differences, but it is still close.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avrohom

Yes, I downloaded it, but there are some of the places that I cannot go futher. It is not the same as I see it on my system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok

Start SPRO => Choose your IMG (project)

Now you are in a IMG.

1. Menu=>View=>Additional Information=>Display Key=>IMG Activity

2. Search for the both Keywords

3. Execute the both actions in IMG.

/greetings Nico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have done SOLMAN_SUP_TEAM. In the with note 616946, in STATUS column I get a yellow warning with "responsibility incomplete".

Jaco

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is another step for creating the rule. One must click on the rule to select it, then Click on the "Insert agent assignment" icon. select Organization unit. then drill down on the org unit containing the team this message should be sent to. Did you set up the org structure with transaction ppoma_crm?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, I did the setup, but how perfect it is, I don't know.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAPs answer usually is:

"Get a CRM consultant..."

Since nothing is documented but just imported as BC-Set it´s fatal to change the configuration. After the next support package import you will understand what I mean...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you used the sap objects like sdcr, sdhf and the others?