cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have a reuirement as follows :- Company is having DMS and HR modules.

For linking Emplyee Documents like scanned copies of Passport, Visa, etc which of the following is the best solution

1) Use SAP DMS to store Documents and link through Object Linking to HR Objects. I want to know how practical is this solution.

2) Use Optical Archiving method and store Documents in SAP HR. I want to know any DMS part is involved in this?.. Does DMS Content server play any part in this..?

3) Is there anything called HR DMS? .. In one thread I have seen a link talking about HR DMS.. Can someone explain this?

Please guide

Regards

Aby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Aby,

Have a look at records management, more specifically "digital personnell file". It seems to be SAP's preferred way to store HR related docs.

espen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aby,

Thanks for reminding me.

Sojan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aby,

SAP DMS is a module core embedded in SAP R/3 and works perfect if you are using tradional R/3

modules. You would go for SAP DMS if you want to leverage the enhanced and standard features of SAP such as document sharing across multiple objects, Archiving, Searching and other Internet scenarios.

If I understand correctly the documents which you would like to store are security documents which you would not potentially like to share with anybody with in the company. Also SAP HR is a stand alone module(with limited connectivity to other SAP areas) compared to traditional modules such as MM,SD,FI and PP.

Hence I think the best solution seems to be optical archiving which could be accomplished via an archive link interface to SAP ( Or a standard interface from HR) or other external vendor softwares such as livelink/doculink. Optical archiving is normally implemented with out SAP DMS.

Regarding linking to HR, you cannot maintain an object link directly however you need to modify certain objects to accomplish this.

I am completely unaware of HR DMS. I think it is better to check with SAP directly on this.

Sojan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sojan,

Thanx for a detailed reply. There was a link in one of ur threads only regarding HR DMS

I am quoting this for ready reference

Re: dms for hr documents

Posted: Nov 5, 2008 2:04 PM in response to: Sandeep Theurkar E-mail this message Reply

Sandeep,

You can check the package service from SAP.

http://www.sap.com/southafrica/solutions/sapdirect/focusarea/doc_man.epx

As they say, HR DMS is also a solution offered by them.

Sojan