Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile not generated in QAS even though same as DEV?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before making changes to role In DEV, I compared role in both DEV and QAS.

I found profile name was same but authorization objects in side the role differnt in QAS from DEV.

I made customizing changes to role in DEV, move changes to QAS. then QAS role should be replaced with DEV changes.

But what I found was that role and profile replaced, but profile not generated? Why

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasu,

Check the table entry of table PRGN_CUST in the DEV if PROFILE_TRANSPORT value set to NO.If it is the case then the profile will not be genetated after transport.

AnywayYou can use t-code SUPC or PFCG to generate the profile in the target system after import.

Regards

Ashok

Edited by: Ashok Dalai on Dec 4, 2008 12:46 PM

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasu,

Check the table entry of table PRGN_CUST in the DEV if PROFILE_TRANSPORT value set to NO.If it is the case then the profile will not be genetated after transport.

AnywayYou can use t-code SUPC or PFCG to generate the profile in the target system after import.

Regards

Ashok

Edited by: Ashok Dalai on Dec 4, 2008 12:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasu,

possibly you have created the transport before you have been finished with your changes....

Test the following:

Edit the role and ith authorizations, then generate the profile.

Only then create the transport and insert the role (either with the transportfunction in pfcg or manually (SE03,SE01,...). release, import the transport. Is the profile then generated in QAS?

b.rgds,Bernhard