cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug a failed shopping cart transfer to ECC in classic mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using SRM 5 in classic mode, connected to ECC 6.0.

I have an error message in the administrator monitor that tells me a transfer a shopping cart to ECC has failed.

"Shopping cart 1000000123: Error creating the follow-on document"

(Message is BBP_PU 367)

This is located in the "local errors" section of the administrator monitor.

The follow on doucment will be a PO in ECC.

This message does not tell me the cause of the problem therefore I need to retrnsmit the cart and debug to find the error message that is being returned from ECC.

I have browsed the forum and there are various answers about debugging but but have not found exact instructions on how to debug, and it is now always clear on whether the instructions apply to classic or extended classic.

I have seen reference to the method in note 539978 that creates test data with FBGENDAT for the ECC BAPI. However this method does not seem suitable for a production system because it will interfere with all shopping carts being transferred while the shoppign cart with the problem is being debugged.

Therefore I would like to debug in SRM just for the shoppign cart with the problem.

Hopefully this thread will become the defintiive poitn of reference for debuggin a classic shopping cart transfer to ECC in SRM 5.

I propose to use function module BBP_PD_SC_TRANSFER to transfer the shopping cart again by entering the shopping cart GUID.

Question 1) Can this error message be returned by checks in SRM before the BAPI is called in ECC? If so, where do I place a breakpoint to find the error determined by the checks in SRM?

Question 2) If the system is getting as far as calling the BAPI in ECC, is it possbile to find the error message passed back from ECC by this approach, given that the actual transfer is carried out by the spooler?

Question 3) If this approach is valid, in which method/function module do I need to place a breakpoint, at which statement is the error message passed back to SRM from ECC?

Your help would be appreciated,

Reagrds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_novoth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

a small correction to Dishas comment:

The class CL_BBP_BS_ADAPTER_PO_CRT_470_1 is used for the backend release 4.7, so it is not relevant for you. Instead of this, you have to take the CL_BBP_BS_ADAPTER_PO_CRT_ERP10 and method CREATE_DOCUMENT. This is the last step, before the SRM calls the backend system.

From the alert "local errors" I suppose, that there is an error in the SRM customizing (in case the error message comes from the backend system, you get the message into the "Backend Application error").

Typical customizing error, when e.g. the number range of the purchase REQUISITION is not correctly customized (in case the prerequisits for a PO are not fulfilled, the system tried to create a purchase requisition). See the note 1173815 regarding this problem.

Back to your questions:

The activating of the FBGENDAT was a good idea, but I would give here two hints:

- I case of production system you can use only the "Mode B".

- Activate the FBGENDAT only for a short term:

-- at first set the breakpoint in the method CREATE_DOCUMENT (as above described)

-- execute the BBP_PD_SC_TRANSFER

-- you will be stopped at the breakpoint.

-- Now you can activate the FBGENDAT in the backend

-- go on with F8 in the debugger in the SRM system

-- >>> test data will be filled in the backend system (BAPI_PO_CREATE1)

-- deactivate the FBGENDAT

You can do this in one min. and the worst what can happen is that you have 2-3 test data in the BAPI_PO_CREATE1 additionally to the erronous SC.

Question 1) Can this error message be returned by checks in SRM before the BAPI is called in ECC? If so, where do I place a breakpoint to find the error determined by the checks in SRM?

- Maybe... Places for setting breakpoints

-- FM "BBP_PD_MSG_ADD"

-- System command "RAISE"

-- FM "META_BAPI_DISPATCH" (typical problem, see above, and also the note 1173815)

Question 2) If the system is getting as far as calling the BAPI in ECC, is it possible to find the error message passed back from ECC by this approach, given that the actual transfer is carried out by the spooler?

- Yes, you can find the message in the:

-- Test data of the BAPI_PO_CREATE1, if you have activated the FBGENDAT

-- In the method CREATE_DOCUMENT if you "comes back" from the RFC call from the backend

Question 3) If this approach is valid, in which method/function module do I need to place a breakpoint, at which statement is the error message passed back to SRM from ECC?

- see above, CL_BBP_BS_ADAPTER_PO_CRT_ERP10 method CREATE_DOCUMENT

Kind regards,

Peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Place a breakpoint in the method CREATE_DOCUMENT() of class CL_BBP_BS_ADAPTER_PO_CRT_470 while executing the function module

BBP_PD_SC_TRANSFER and you should be able to debug the transfer of SC

BR,

Disha.