Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB1C

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

After creating material master I tried to create stock for the material thru mb1c but system throws an error msg saying "no posting possible for the material"......how sud I proceed ?......

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following:

u2022 In OMWD valuation group code is assigned to combination of plant and company code

u2022 In OMSY OPENING PERIOD IS CURRENT

u2022 In OMS2, material type is checked against quantity & value update

Regards,

Abhee

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Read & tell complete error doing double clicking on error because so many reason could be

there for that.

Rgds

San

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Posting error got solved...followd that I created stock for the material but system throws another error as "material xx xxx(plt) xxxx(sl) does not exist" find the detailed description of the error below,

"Diagnosis

For material 21 FLAT, no material master data exists in plant SOPL, storage location ONSL.

Procedure

Make sure your entries are correct.

If your entries are correct, then storage location data does not yet exist for the material.

Storage location data is created when you

maintain the Storage view for the material or

use the 'Enter Storage Locations' function in the material master menu or

post the first goods receipt (provided that automatic creation of storage location data is allowed for the given plant and movement type).

help me out..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanakkumar,

First ensure that your material is created with the right plant.

Go to, T. Code: MM02

Key-in you material and select org-data & then views.

It seems that your material is not maintained with the plant SOPL.

Also, T. Code: OX09

Check storage location ONSL is assigned to plant SOPL

If, all seems ok, Check & Maintain Storage Location ONSL in View: MRP2, in Material Master.

Best Regards,

Amit

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

whts MRP controller?.....how do I maintain that?.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

In obyc you have to check whether the GL account for your valuation type has been maintained. and it must be maintained for GBB VAX and GBB VAY. Check this with the help of your MM consultant.

MRP controller is Material Requirement Planning Controller - this is where you control the planning strategy of your material - its is usually done by PP module. for maintaining that click F4 in that MRP controller it will take you through to a pop up where you select without Project and that inturn will take you to the material Requirement planning Screen. Create a New one and assign it.

regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend,

This must be due to no GL account maintained in OBYC - for Inventory posting. Check the same and get back to us.

Regards,

Sudhir

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sudhir,

In OBYC how do I check?......

Former Member
0 Kudos

check whether the combination of your plant and material type is activated for quantity and value updating

regards,

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saravan,

Go to oms2, select the material type ex. fert, select that and click on quantity updatiion,

there plz check the boxes for value updation and quantity updation, hope it willl resolve.

ram