Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorisation object activation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please tell me how to create a nerw authorisation object and assign it to my user.

After creating the authorisation object should i have to activate it?

how to do this?

7 REPLIES 7

RainerKunert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

New objects can be created in transaction SU21. There is also the opportunity to create new fields.

In SAP standard this new object is automatically added to SAP_ALL.

If your user does not have SAP_ALL, create a role (with PFCG), add the new object to the role and assign the role to your user.

0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

I have created new authorisation object.

Then I created a new role and included this object and assigned it to user.

But this authorisation object is not working?

What is the mistake i am doing?

0 Kudos

Did you do the user comparison?

Have a look into SU01. The role should be assigned but the generated profile must also be assigned. Please check this.

Regards

Rainer

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have created new authorization object , then authority check statements should be maintained for the tcode you are using new auth object.Or you have to assign the Auth Object to SU24 of transaction code

Regards,

Sneha

0 Kudos

Hi Sneha,

I don't know how to do authority check.

can you explain in detail.

0 Kudos

hi,

If you search the forum with SU24 search string , you will get steps to how to make authority check statements and how to maintain check indicators.

Best of luck!!.

Regards,

Sneha

0 Kudos

It is not necessary to maintain SU24 (but it is helpful and I also recommend to do so

To check the authorization you have to maintain the program coding. Add a statement AUTHORITY-CHECK in your program. I supposed that is already done.

Authority is checked with this statement. You need the authorization to proceed. But the entry in SU24 is not necessary at runtime. You may use SU24 to deactivate authority checks, but if they are not explicitely deactivated the checks will be performed at runtime.