Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set Variants of Table Settings to all users?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have issue how to set Variants of Table Settings as visible to all users (I try in transaction VA21). I can create new varinats and set the wanted table layout, but this variant is visible to me only. How can I shared it to all?

Thanks for advance

5 REPLIES 5

RainerKunert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As far as I know the name of user independent variants must start with "/". And you need authorization for object S_ALV_LAYO, otherwise you are not allowed to maintain user independent layout variants.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rainer,

I try to use '/' but it does not help me. I have authorizations of SAP_ALL profile.

0 Kudos

Try creating a screen variant for your transaction VA21 in tcode SHD0. This will then be accessible to all.

Edited by: Subramaniam Iyer on Dec 4, 2008 2:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Subramaniam,

I have try and I can't did it. Because of transaction VA21 is not Variant Transaction. I can set variants for field on initial screen only. Also I have try to change transaction type in SE93 but after that I can't run transaction, I get error: "maximum number of internal sessions reached".

0 Kudos

Hi Sergej,

Can you let me know how you solved the error?

I am also getting the same error