cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can XI procoess a 24 MB input file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently working on XI 3.0. And as the new requirement we have to upload a 24MB file via XI.

Could you please suggest how to check the load which our XI system could process.

regards

Arun G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

I think all of you have replied based on that I am using a File adapter.

Say instead of using a File adapter , the sender send me the file as a XML message ,that is, I have used a SOAP adapter . Will every thing still hold true or there will be a difference handling the request size?

Thanks in anticipation

Arun G

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Yes, That is possible, you just need to do settings accordingly in XI. Goto tcode SXMB_ADMIN->Integration Engine Configuration->Specific configuration and select Tuning---> EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT ---> and set the required size

also Use Recordset Per message in your File Channel.

Look at the thread

Thanks!

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI can process 24 MB data at a time,But it depend upon u r server configuration.

if u r server unable to support 24 mb, Split the data in to different parts then process it.

Cheers,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it can process it but it would not be efficient. You could use a special queue for this message to increase the performance. But SAP doesnt recommend it. The optimum size of messages are btw 400kb and 2mb

Best Regards,

Arman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It is possible to process files Sizes up to 50 Mb and depends on the configuration of the system.

You can use ''Recordset per Message" If the file is not dependant.

Refer Note 807000 ,File Adapter: SAP Note 821267 for more info.

Regards,

Sekhar