cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Sender Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have a question about a file pickup from FTP folder.

Is there a solution for file pick up sequence ?

If there are two files in the directory how do i insure that they will be picked up according to the right order ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

TX for all the help.

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

File Transfer Protocol(FTP) files are always processed in ascending alphabetical order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I saw a forum thread that said that if you add a correct time stamp to the file it will take it according to the date, is that correct ?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is no documented proof of such in case of FTP. But SAP mentions that NFS can help with the processing sequence as i mentioned before of by date or name. My suggestion is to have a dummy interface pick all files from the FTP folder and put it into a NFS folder and then use the NFS protocol @ the file sender adapter and get your requirement done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not a bad idea.

TX for the help.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hello everybody,

>

> I have a question about a file pickup from FTP folder.

> Is there a solution for file pick up sequence ?

> If there are two files in the directory how do i insure that they will be picked up according to the right order ?

In case you are using NFS you will be able to specify a sequence. It is not possible via FTP as a standard

Processing Sequence (for transport protocol File System (NFS)) ->

By Name: Files are processed alphabetically by file name.

By Date: Files are processed according to their time stamp in the file system, starting with the oldest file.

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What should be the parameter for pickup?

Should it be the file name in ascending order or should it be the date/time the file was placed ?

Go to the processing tab in sender CC & specify Processing Sequence By Name or By Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

It Should be by date, it is the same file name.

when using FTP sender you don't have that option!

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also if you want that the delivery of the message be in sequence use QOS as EOIO

and enter the queue name to be used in the processing sequence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SO there is no way to control this in FTP Sender ?