cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1 Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @,

I am using Adaptive RFC model and have made some changes in it. I have added a new import parameter and on reimporting and completeing the changes I am running the application . On running the application I am getting error:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$MetaData.getType(JCO.java:10317)

at com.sap.aii.proxy.framework.core.JcoBaseTypeData.setElementValue(JcoBaseTypeData.java:731)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.modelimpl.dynamicrfc.DynamicRFCModelClass.setAttributeValueAsString(DynamicRFCModelClass.java:633)

at com.hsbc.paymentmonitor.model.paymentref.Z_Pymntrefdtls_Get_Input.setPaymentdocno(Z_Pymntrefdtls_Get_Input.java:222)

at com.hsbc.paymentmonitor.paymentmonitorcomp.PymntMonitorComp.executeZ_READ_TRAN_PYMNTREFDTLS(PymntMonitorComp.java:302)

... 66 more

Now the trace field is showing the new field added int he import parameter. I dont know why this is hapeneing. I have already invalidated the cache for the dictionary.

How can I solve this?

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After the reimport some times it require to restart the server.

so once restart the server and try it .

Regards,

ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh/Raghunandan,

I have invalidated the cache then is it still required?

Regards,

Amit

Edited by: amit singh on Dec 4, 2008 8:08 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

once restart the server it will solve your problem.

Please go through this thread

Regards,

ramesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Even we have faced the same error while developing our applications.

I repeat the error : Initially imported an RFC say XYZ_RFC -

> working fine

Due to some requirement added one input parameter by the ABAP Developer to this imported XYZ_RFC. Due to some change made by the ABAP developer we webdynpro developer need to reimport it when we have done this we are facing this ArrayIndexOutOfBoundException.

We did not found any solution for this we tried a lot and because of less time to deliver to client. we requested the ABAP developer to copy the entire code present in XYZ_RFC to new XYZ_1_RFC (any user defined name)

Then when we imported this XYZ_1_RFC everything is working fine.

This may help you. Just ask the ABAP developer to copy the Old RFC in to new one this definetly resolve the issue.

regards

Prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably restarting your server will solve your problem.

Regards

Raghu