Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading of Business Partner - Business Content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to MDM.

We have recently downloaded the Business Partner Business Content folder from SAP Marketplace (i.e. MDM 5.5 SP06 - Field Mapping and Check Tables Business Partner.xls).

I would like to know how to load this file into the MDM, i assume i will be loading it into the MDM Console. We tried loading it but the option we get is to load an .xml file and this one is .xls.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

Keitumetse

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keitumetse,

Well if u r talking about archiving the business content then it can be done from console.

Put the .a2a file in the archive folder of the server/

Right click on the server level node and say unarchieve and select the particular file.

Once done you can see the repository added in the list.

Whereas the importing of data has to be done using the import manager.

You can import the data in various formats like excel, xml,delimited text,odbc etc.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We managed to load the file through the Import Manager. We used the "Import from Source" functionality on the Header tab.

Mapping between source and destination fields was done automatically.

Thanks for all you input.

Rgds,

Keitumetse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I really appreciate you eagerness to assist. We're having problems on the project with a server, so i have been unable to start the mounted server in the console. Our Basis team is assisting.

As soon as i have tested your suggestions, i will respond.

Rgds,

Keitumetse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Now there is an option to delete the thread you have posted if no one has repled to it. Kindly delete your previous thread and update us on your issue.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keitumetse ,

You can refer the below thread to understand more on how and where to download the Business contents.

Also as mentioned in the earlier post if this file is not the a2a file but rather the master data content file.then you will have to use the MDM import manager to import the data.

However if this is SAP Business partner data,i am not sure how it is available in excel format.As ECC data are mostly available in the XML format in the form of segments and fields.Also the standard maps and Schemas that come along with the business content rep are XML schemas.

So make sure what file you have downloaded and then may be we can guide you on what exactly you need to do.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the file is .xls then it may be the sample data for Business Partner Repository. To import this .xls file you need to use MDM Import Manager and before importing you need to UnArchive the Business Partner repository on the MDM Sevrer. For this place the .a2a file in the path {MDM Installation Directory}/Server/Archives and right click on MDM Server and select UnArchive Repository command. Once your Business Partner repository is ready you can import the .xls file.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keitumetse ,

Are you speaking about the Std SAP delivered Business content MDM rep?

If so then this is the Repository schema file which has to be used to load the Business partner rep in MDM.

This is an .A2A file(an archieve) file.you need to place this unzip archive file in the MDM server path archive folder.

Once this file is placed there you can unarchive it from MDM console.

Go to the MDM console server->Right click->Unarchieve rep-> you will have to select the Business partner archieve from the list and unarchive it.

This will create the Business rep on your server.

To load data into this rep you need to extract the Main table data and check table data form ECC using the transcations

MDM_CLNT_EXTR for main table records

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50260ae5-5589-2910-4791-fc091d9b... (MDM_CLNT_EXTR)

MDMGX for lookup records.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0740b31-a934-2b10-2e95-af225299... (MDMGX)

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto