cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Issue With Search Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am stuck with a search help issue, when using a certain Help for an input field on my screen i am getting a "Value help dialog canceled" cancelled error , the same search help seems to be working fine

when run from sap r/3.

I am pretty sure the design part (Attribute binding and mentioning the search help in the context ) is correct and how it should be.

Could Someone Please throw some lite on this issue.

Thanks In Advance,

Chaitanya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

When reusing DDIC search helps in WDA, it may not always work as desired. Calls to classic screens in search help exits for example is one of the scenarios that works pretty well with SAPGUI but doesnt work with WDA.

The following links may be of help!

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/9f724642314aabe10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Chitrali

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Attach the dictionary search help to the data element of you node attribute .

if this attachment works fine than choose the Automatic Search help option in the webdynpro attribute property .

If you are not able to attach it to data element then there is some problem with the search help or data element .

Hope this will solve your issue .

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have a programmed search help, you should be using OVS Help in Webdynpro and not the R/3 function modules.

If this is a dictionary help, then just mention the search help in the attribute properties.

Regards,

Shruthi R