cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic file name in case of .txt output files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a query related to dynamic file name scenario.

In case of IDOC-XI-FILE sceanrio,

<b>Is it possible to generate .txt file name based on Plant number like</b>

<b>%<Plantname>%_%<BusinessDay>_filename.txt</b>

<b>Note:I have implemneted this for .xml output files but I am not able to implement it for .txt output files .</b>

PLEASE HELP ME .

Regards

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not directly related but did you see these,

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/28/dynamic-file-namexslt-mapping-with-java-enhancement-using-xi-30-sp12-part-ii

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/11/21/effective-xsl-for-multimapping-getting-source-filenames-in-legacy-legacy-scenarios

Hope this helps,just thought of sharing.By the way did u try variable substitution??

Anirban.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

When you mean a .txt file, what is the content of the TXT file. Is it XML or is it plain text after content conversion on the receiver file adapter. Do clarify this, so that a solution for your problem can be arrived at.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

I think, the normal Dynamic File Name generation should work fine in your case also. Even if you perform Content Conversion, you can use Variable Name Substiution to create your Destination file name as, the name of the file is determined first and only then is the content converison perfromed.

for info on content conversion, I would suggest that you go through this thread and check my reply,

Regards,

Bhavesh