Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to deal with RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you help me to understand RFC?

Are my staments correct?

1. In XI SP < 14 synchronous BAPI call of RFC Receiver will not perfom commit. Only asynchronoues do that.

2. In order to use RFC Sender Adapter one must create RFC function on XI WAS ABAP, register program id and call function from SAP system as CALL MY_XI_RFC_FUNCTION DESTINATIN MY_DESTINATION

Message was edited by: Denis Ivanov

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

>>>>1. In XI SP < 14 synchronous BAPI call of RFC Receiver will not perfom commit. Only asynchronoues do that.

with SP <14 you always have to create a wrapper

to cimmit the bapi (unless your bapi just selects some records - like display bapis)

how to create wrappers:

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000328352005E/HowtouseBAPandccBPM.pdf

>>>>2. In order to use RFC Sender Adapter one must create RFC function on XI WAS ABAP

create it on SAP r/3 and only import it into repository of the XI then you call if from SAP r3 (after you create a RFC sender channel and get it working)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

no, if you want to use RFC Sender Adapter you create a RFC function ANYWHERE and import into your Repository. After that you can delete it from ABAP stack if you want. It is only a virtuell RFC function, only the parameters are used. The task of the source code is taken by your mapping / routing. You call it by CALL FUNCTION 'MY_FUNCTION' DESTINATION 'MY_DEST_2_XI'.

Regards,

Udo