cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to move the cursor to next input field when TAB button is hit.. pls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a Transparent container with many fields. now my fields looks like this.

Input Field1 inputfield2 inputfield3 inputfield4

inputfield5 inputfield6 inputfield7 inputfield8

I borught this way using matrixheaddata for inutfield1 and inputfield5.

Now when the cursor in in Inputfield1, if Tab is hit the cursor should go to inputfield5, then if tab button is hit the cursor should go to inputfield2, then to inputfield6, then to inputfield3, then to inputfield7, then to inputfield4 then to inputfield8.

Right now its not happening.. its going like field1 to field2 to field3 to field4.. I DONT WANT THIS.

can some one give me reply pls..

thanks

Niraja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niraja,

Did you go through the mail & try it out for your scenario? I guess that you should have been able to understand as I tried to put in as many snapshots as I could.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday!

I have similar challenges. Thus I am also interested in getting that informationl.

Would be great. You can find my @ address on my SDN business card.

Many thanx in advance.

Regards,

Volker

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraja,

First make four Transparent containers under Root Container and Arrange Containers in the following way.

All TContainers also should have matrix layout.

container1(MatrixHeadData) | container2(MatrixData) | container3(MatrixData) |container4(MatrixData)

Input Field1(MatrixHeadData) | Input Field2(MatrixHeadData) | input Field3(MatrixHeadData)|input Field4(MatrixHeadData)|

Input Field5(MatrixHeadData) | Input Field6(MatrixHeadData) | Input Field7(MatrixHeadData)|input Field8(MatrixHeadData)|

I guess It ll help you.

Regards,

Rohit

Edited by: Rohit Makkar on Dec 4, 2008 9:12 AM

vishalc_kava
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

UI Elements in the right hand side panel the fields should be in sequece.

e.g. inp1 than inp2 than inp3.........

currently you might be having as

inp1 than inp5.....

due to which this problem is being created, maintain the proper sequece of UI Elements will solve your problem.

Regards

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

No vishal,

in my layout, i have fields like input1 then input2 input3 input4 .. this sequence.

then for input5( i have entered the matrixheaddata), so it came and started in teh next row.

thats what i wanted.. in this sequence.. But if i change the sequece my look and feel wll change and the input fields gets changed its sequence.

I hope you understood now what i want.. the look should be like that... bt my tab should behave from input1 if tab is hit it shud go to input5 then input2 etc.

thnks,

Niraja

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niraja,

As how Vishal had said the only way to achieve this would be to re-organize your layout so that the fields would be in the same order as how you want your tab functionality to work like. But you can try workaround it to achieve your functionality. You will have to try create TransparentContainers & embed your ui elements within them & set the layouts accordingly. Will send out a sample to your id so that you can get an idea as to how you can realize this functionality.

Regards,

Uday