cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated uploading into cFolders

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd like to create a program in ECC, that creates queries for specific vendors via a batch over night. As a part of this batch, is it possible to upload the query extract to a cFolder specified for that vendor as a part of the batch? The code would have to be dynamic in that there is a variable amount of vendors that would be maintained in a Z table. Steps would be as follows:

Batch process initiation

- Get Vendor from Z table

- Run query for Vendor

- Extract query to Excel file (or flat file)

- Upload to cFolder

Loop to next Vendor

Any thoughts?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_veth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

cFolders has a full set of BAPI's which can be called from ECC via an RFC connection. Have a look on your cFolders system for function modules CFX_xxxxxxxxx.

In your case, I would make following steps in an RFC call.

1.) Determine the correct collaboration in cFolders (you should have a smart description for your collaboration including the vendor number, then read the name field in table CFX_COL)

2.) Create a new folder for the upload (CFX_API_FOLDER_CREATE)

3.) Create a document for the file (CFX_API_DOC_CREATE)

4.) Attach the file to the document (CFX_API_DOC_DOCUMENT_WRITE)

Rgds,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for yoru reply Michael. I'm actually not going to be the programmer, as I'm on an ERP project on the business side. I'm essentially researching if the business requirements we're defining can be satisfied by out of the box functionality, if it requires custom code, or if it can't be done. Your answer will be helpful when I speak with the technology team and developers. In the meanwhile, is there any documentation you can point me to, about the specific BAPI functions you're referencing, or are there any examples of this type of functionality online? Thanks again!