cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to terminate my JSPM process and start fresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I just updated JSPM and restarted to apply the stack, ran into an error. I would like to completely terminate this JSPM run, clean up any files related to this run and start off again picking my stack and stuff. How do I do this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just wiped out everything and reinstalled and then applied support pack stacks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kill JSPM process. Click "Exit" in JSPM or terminate java.exe (Windows) process.

Restart JSPM and select "new" instead of "continue old" option.

JSPM will start the process from scratch. It will create a new set of control and log files, so your previous install will not affect anything.

Regards,

Slava

Edited by: Slava Plyushchikov on Dec 4, 2008 1:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Slava,

Thanks for getting back to me. This is on UNIX, I tried closing and killing etc. But everytime I launch JSPM it immediately goes back to that same error message screen. It does not give me an option to start new or continue.

Any pointers you can give to clean up the current run and start off again will be helpful. Infact I removed all files from the EPS/in directory and just ran to see what JSPM will do but it still gives me the same message.

Unless this could be a space issue on /usr/sap/trans. I am not sure how much I would need for PI SPStack6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Suggestions:

1. What error do you actually have on the screen?

2. What can you tell from looking at JSPM logs? /usr/sap/<SID>/JC<instno>/j2ee/JSPM/logs

3. Make a copy of your JSPM dir, clean up all the files with modification time of the last start below

/usr/sap/<SID>/JC<instno>/j2ee/JSPM/ and try again.

Regard,

Slava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Slava,

I requested for more space on the trans directory, waiting for that. I am going to give it a shot with more space in that directory. If that does not work then I am going to look into what to delete but that is the part I am a little eerie about. I understand that I need to back it up. But, I guess when I close out the session and the launch JSPM it should treat it as a new install so I am kind of leaning towards space but I thought I should at least see the logon page and initial menu for which there is no space needed, it is after you pick your stack or support packages and when it is ready to extract it should complain.

But will see, will let you know how I make out.

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Slava,

Added space and when I run JSPM again it goes straight to Error Report basically saying JSPM_MAIN phase failed although the below log says completed, the DIALOG.LOG says aborted. The DIALOG.LOG also has my list of SCA's as scheduled, I should still be able to restart even at this point right?

Here's JSPM_MAIN_1_01.LOG

Dec 3, 2008 4:38:36 PM [Info]: Checking component /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/WDAPPS06_0-20001899.SCA for upgrade configurations.

Dec 3, 2008 4:39:14 PM [Info]: You can find additional information in log file /usr/sap/DXI/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/JSPM/log/log_2008_12_03_15_56_11/DETECT_SYSTEM_COMPONENTS_02.LOG.

Dec 3, 2008 4:39:29 PM [Info]: Loaded usage type data from data source jdbc/pool/DXI.

Dec 3, 2008 4:39:29 PM [Info]: Detected system products and usage types.

Dec 3, 2008 4:39:32 PM [Info]: Loaded usage type data from data source jdbc/pool/DXI.

Dec 3, 2008 4:39:32 PM [Info]: Detected system products and usage types.

Dec 3, 2008 4:39:32 PM [Error]: Exception has occurred during the execution of the phase.

Dec 3, 2008 4:39:32 PM [Error]: java.lang.NullPointerException:

Dec 3, 2008 4:39:32 PM [Info]: Phase JSPM/JSPMPhases/JSPM_MAIN has been completed.

Dec 3, 2008 4:39:32 PM [Info]: Start time: 2008/12/03 15:56:45.

Dec 3, 2008 4:39:32 PM [Info]: End time: 2008/12/03 16:39:32.

Dec 3, 2008 4:39:32 PM [Info]: Duration: 0:42:47.363.

Dec 3, 2008 4:39:32 PM [Info]: Phase status is aborted.

and TroubleTicket.txt

The execution ended in error.

java.lang.NullPointerException:

More information can be found in the log file /usr/sap/DXI/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/JSPM/log/log_2008_12_03_15_56_11/JSPM_MAIN_1_01.LOG.

Use the information provided to trouble-shoot the problem. There might be an OSS note providing a solution to this problem. Search for OSS notes with the following search terms:

com.sap.sdt.jspm.phases.PhaseTypeJSPM

com.sap.sdt.util.diag.JavaException

JSPM_MAIN

JSPMPhases

NetWeaver Upgrade

SAPJup

Java Upgrade

If you think this is a problem in JSPM, you may post a CSN in BC-UPG-OCS-SPJ.

Then I started looking around and tried renaming (basically deleting, hopefully) some .xml files to see if JSPM does not find the previous file and creates a new one resulting in fresh start. I did not do the delete all that changed since last run. But would you know any specific file that I can delete.

Thanks,

Raj