cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero value item from SC to PO

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I have created a shopping cart with contains zero value items. My vendor is set up to set the GR and IR indicator on. When I approved the shopping cart, the PO was put on hold with error message 'Enter the price or set the 'Invoice Expected' indicator'. Obviously, it is checking that the price should not be zero since the Invoice Expected indicator is set for the vendor.

My question is, is this standard behaviour? Since the price is zero, shouldn't the system ignore the indicator and not treat it as an error? Is putting in some code changes in the BADI the only way for me?

Appreciate any advice on the above.

Thanks!

SF

Edited by: SF on Dec 4, 2008 11:56 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi SF,

You can create a Zero price line item Shopping cart but you can't create a Zero Priced line item PO unless you are not expecting GR and IR. This is Standard Behaviour of SRM and also in Standard PO in ECC.So to your point this is the answer.

Now there are couple of ways to handle this situation:

1. At the Shopping cart Level , implement Doc Check Badi to throw a error message if the value of the shopping cart line item is Zero.

2.I am assuming that you are on extended classic, so you need to develop logic similar to standard PO behaviour with "Free Goods" Indicator in ECC. In case of Standard PO with "Free Item" indicator checked, system will automatically remove the GR and IR indicators ( otherwise GR and IR would be checked becuase of config similar to what you have).

Thanks and Regards,

Sudhakar

P.S: Pl award Points if the answer is useful.

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks. You have confirmed my understanding. We used to implement a BADI to change the indicator but I was hoping that things might have changed in the newer version.

Cheers!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

We have a similiar issue, could you let me know which BADI you implemented?

Regards,

Timo