cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Change - developer workplace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recently, my organization requested that I change my domain password, since this, I am no longer able to connect to my local Developer workplace install.

Can someone shed some light on how to get around this problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I don't see any connection between the value of your domain password and the ability to use the developer workplace.

Can you confirm that the MaxDB instance and the XServer are actually running?

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Lars. I am starting developer workspace via SAP management tool and from what I can tell the DB is not being started because the control user still expects to old password and when I start the entire instace I am seeing this error:

Caused by: com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.DatabaseException: [-4008]: Unknown user name/password combination

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John,

the control-user is not coupled in any way to your domain-user-password.

Please check if the used password is correct:

dbmcli -d <DBSID> -u control,<pw>

I'm not sure whether the Developer Workplaces makes use of the XUSER data or has a seperate storage for logon data.

In any case check where the logon data are taken from and make sure that these are correct.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well the password is correct, but the problem now, is that I have 2 separate passwords not and need to change the db password to reflect the ne domain password, otherwise the instance does not come up.

So yes, running your commands work fine for old password.

John

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.DatabaseException: -4008: Unknown user name/password combination"

-> Please update with output of the SQL statement 'select * from users'

The database schema by default installation is SAP<SAPSID>DB.

Did you change the password of the SAP<SAPSID>DB user? Check, if you could connect as SAP<SAPSID>DB user:

dbmcli -d <DBSID> -u control,<pw>

dbmcli on <DBSID> >sql_connect SAP<SAPSID>DB, <pwd>

dbmcli on <DBSID> >exit

-> Developer workplace installation guide has also information about configtool.

Java applications manage the connection information for the database in the Secure Store.

You could reset password with configtool, from SecureStore & fild jdbc/pool/<SID>/Password

-> The problem can be solved using the Visual Administrator or by a manual modification of the data-sources.xml file.

For example, the Visual Administrator consists in the following steps:

Open the Visual Administrator and select Server 0, then Services, then JDBC Connector.

Select the appropriate DataSource within the Runtime tab on the right.

Modify the user and/or password field(s).

After modification press Save. The Visual Administrator will prompt you for application redeployment. After confirming this, you should be able to get the connection from the database.

-> Are you SAP customer? If you are SAP customer, please review the SAP note 25591, if you would like to change the database user's passwords in future.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina