Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Soap Sender CC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SOAP - Proxy.

I have 3 seperate Scenarios in PI 7.0 in different Name space, with different Message interface names, under same SWC.

I imported them to PI 7.1 and used the same format that help says... with Service:cc and gave it to the calling service.

During my import, I noticed that the Message Interface and Name space were knocked off from the SOAP Sender adapter in PI 7.1. The scenarios are configured and working currently.

I have 3 CC in this format. In Soap sender CC, we will specify NS and Interface name. Thus I had to use 3 CC.

As per SAP Note 856597, the sender CC format should be...

http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?senderParty=FP&senderService=FS&interface=IF&receiverP...

Now, in 7.10 we dont need to specify NS and Message Interface in soap sender CC. Hence, I created 3 sender URL for each scenario to call to PI 7.10 ( based on the interface / NS names ) and I have created 1 CC only instead of 3. This I thought would work because the sender CC is not tied with NS or MI any more, which are included in URL, and thus I have 3 different calling URLs.

Now, when I do this and activate, it is always calling only one service all the time.

Regards,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now, in 7.10 we dont need to specify NS and Message Interface in soap sender CC. Hence, I created 3 sender URL for each scenario to call to PI 7.10 ( based on the interface / NS names ) and I have created 1 CC only instead of 3. This I thought would work because the sender CC is not tied with NS or MI any more, which are included in URL, and thus I have 3 different calling URLs.

Even though we are not specifying the interface name and namespace in the sender CC,these parameters are specified while you run the configuration wizard and hence there is a connection between CC, interface name, namespace. You can say that this is a feature of PI7.1 which saves some of your effort/time.

You can even check the corresponding Sender agreement which will be having all the necessary details. So you will have to configure different CC for your scenarios.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can u paste the URL which you are trying to post data to?

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

This URL is more Specific to the sender

senderService=SEND_SERV

interface=OUT_INTERFACE

receiverService=ERP_RECV_SYS

can u paste the other two URLS and whats the namespace and MSG Interfaec name you have given in Sender CC( i am not seen 7.1 yet but in 3.0 also these are the fields which can even take dummy values and the URL will try to overwrite the default namescpae and MSG interface of sender SOAP CC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used the other channels in the same format. only NS and MI name changed. Sender and receiver are same.

We do specify outbound Interface and its NS in sender Soap CC prior to 7.1.

Morever, I am following the format as per the note I specified above.

It is able to call PI 7.1 succesfully but failing to call proper IM and MM.

No error mesage but only one scenario is called all the time.

Its like this...

prior to 7.1, we will have MI and NS info on the sender Soap sender CC. Hence we just mention the name of the CC in the target URL along with service. so it picks up the NS and MI from CC.

in 7.1, since we dont specify NS and MI in sender Soap CC, we have to notify the sender side MI and NS and we do that in sender side URL( to be given to the calling system ).

Now as per my understanding, since no NS or MI dependant info is speicfied in CC, I thought we can use one single CC instead of 3.

See my thought looks reasonable ...

but wondering why it isnt working.

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venkat

Did you tested with 3 channels is that working for you?

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes Gaurav.

It was working with 3 channels both in 7.0 and 7.1.

once I changed to 1 channel itsnt working

Logically thinking... only the name differs.

All the other parameters are same and all of them belong to one Business system.

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

Logically it should work with changing the interface names itself. In case of business system all interfaces are recognizable using the service name

Lets check if we get this solution using one channel. I don't have 7.1 right now to try this else i would.

If its not working without multiple channels then this behavior has no change from 7.0 to 7.1. Even i didn't find any documentation stating we can use the same channel as the sender interface parameter has been removed from CC.

Lets see other expert replies on this

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI,

I tried with 3 target urls with the format...

http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=party:service:channel

for each scenarios and with one single CC in 7.1.

same problem

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venkat

Dharamveer is right

When you are not using party keep : dont use Party or SenderParty and try it again.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did use the same way. I have not added Party

practically, there s only one CC ( of 7.10, so without interface and NS info ) and the calling URL format is old format ( without MI and NS in the URL ). Thus it dint work.

however, its rolled back and now im using as per Sap Note.

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

That means It is not working with the Old URL in PI 7.1.

Still looks like you need 3 channels to use for three different message interfaces.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

any more thoughts, experts??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

Try checking the parameter "Use Query String" which will be the last parameter under "Conversion String" of the Soap Sender CC. I guess this should resolve your issue.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

So you mean to say if we enable that conversion parameter and use ? and then series of message interfaces it will work ?

Something like this

http://host3:50000/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?senderParty=&senderService=SEND_SERV&interface?=OUT_...

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I guess it should work, as the url parameters namespace and interface name are passed as query string only. Venkat only can confirm us if the solution is working or not.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit/Gaurav,

It dint work

same problem.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venkat

While generating the WSDL we generate URL as well right? Did you generated this new URL as per SAP Note or the Old type and then trying to post using new URL.

With this just a thought when we provide Interface name while generating WSDL. It should be channel independent logically. So with 7.0 we have default interface and hence we create separate channel. With 7.1 we don't have default interface.

Check with Stefen Grube as well. He is the one using SOAP more :). May be he can help us understanding this behaviour

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Gaurav,

I did generate by specifying original interface, NS and sender, receiver systems.

I am waiting for Stefen too...

Regards,

Venkat..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I have exact same problem as yours. Check my thread:

I think it's bug with PI 7.1, anyway define separate CC for each interface, that's the way to go with PI 7.1, I guess.

Jayson