cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in mapping of request message (IDoc)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am facing with the following mapping error.

I try to map data element MT_Material to IDoc MATMAS.MATMAS02

com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_MT_Material_MATMAS02_</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException: RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation: Cannot produce target element /MATMAS02/IDOC/E1MARAM. Check xml instance is valid for source xsd and target-field mapping fulfills requirements of target xsd at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.AMappingProgram.start(AMappingProgram.java:406)

Can some one help me to solve this problem?

Thank you very much!

regards

Thom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is cardinality error, You need to verify the cardinality of the source and of the target. For examples

Source Target

1. 0..1 1

2. 1 1

In the first case, you can get an error if the source file is not comnig the field(optional), so you can use "mapwithDefault" Standar function to assign a default value.

For the second case It seems never could raise any error, but remember that the input file can not follow the xsd definition (PI<7.1 does not have a xsd parser). For this case You can use "mapwithDefault" too, but only to test. because is not recommendable to map with a default to all entries, It is only for the optionals.

I hope It helps You.

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

See that the data type of MT_Material is maching with the whatever parameter you are trying to map?

you take your data and try to test it in mapping. It seems there is some problem with data and it is not producing the response target field.

Thanks,

Hetal