Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorizations for Z and Y queries in BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a BI developer who needs to be able to create/save as BEx Y queries directly on our QA and Production systems.

Right now they can do that on the DEV system because it is allowing changes to repository and cross-client customizations in transaction SCC4. QA/PRD do not allow this.

I was reading that you can allow people to create/save Y queries via authorizations/roles while still keeping the system locked down. Is this true?

If so, does anyone know what authorization object I need to use or add to a role? I tried to find one in SU21.

Also, does anything need to be done in SE38 to make the program call the auth check?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and <removed_by_moderator>

Thanks!

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Dec 3, 2008 5:49 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

l_borsboom
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

For changing Queries in non-development systems you have to make some changes to your transport system:

Transacation RSA1, Goto Transport Connection, Click on Object Changeability: change ELEM Query Element to 'Everything Changable'.

See [OSS Note 992965|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/992965] for further reference.

Kind regards,

Lodewijk

2 REPLIES 2

l_borsboom
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

For changing Queries in non-development systems you have to make some changes to your transport system:

Transacation RSA1, Goto Transport Connection, Click on Object Changeability: change ELEM Query Element to 'Everything Changable'.

See [OSS Note 992965|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/992965] for further reference.

Kind regards,

Lodewijk

0 Kudos

Hi Lodewijk,

Thanks so much for the information and attached note. This information was very helpful in setting up my authorizations scheme!