cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro popup with event call when popup is closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am calling a popup (own component) from a wedynpro application. The popup contains a text edit and 2 buttons (Continue and Cancel).

The textedit from the popup is bound to a context attribut of the calling application via the component usage of the popup. The call of the popup, closing the popup window when clicking the 'continue' button and the context binding to the attribut of the caller webdynpro is working fine. This means the context attribut of the caller webdynpro is filled with the value of the text edit from the popup.

I am using method CREATE_WINDOW_FOR_CMP_USAGE from Interface IF_WD_WINDOW_MANAGER.

My problem is that I do not know how to call a event in the caller application when the user is clicking the 'continue' button on the popup. I need the same behavior we can find in method CREATE_POPUP_TO_CONFIRM. Here we can register e.g. the YES button to an event in the caller application. Please note: I cannot use CREATE_POPUP_TO_CONFIRM, because I need a text edit in my popup.

Is such a functionality anyhow available for CREATE_WINDOW_FOR_CMP_USAGE as well?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vishalc_kava
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

First Create Event say 'EVT' in component controller.

In the action on the button 'continue' call the event you created in the component controller (fire that event).

Now create a method of type Event in the veiw from where the popup was called and link that with event you created in component controller.

Best Regards

Vishal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I followed your description and I created created two components.

But I am not able to find something like VH_WINDOW_CLOSED.

If I create an event handler in the main component I can only see the interface-controller events of the used component. But there is no event to select if popup is closed.

Regards

pranav_nagpal2
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Thomas,

create an event handler in your component controller of the apllication (not in popup, but main application) there you will get in the event column an f4 help where you have to when you click on f4 help you will see something like VH_WINDOW_CLOSED select it. now this event will automatically get triggered when your pop up will get closed.

these are the exact steps......

1. click on method Tab in component controller

2. create an event handler there i.e. in method type select event handler.

3. now under event column use f4 help to get VH_WINDOW_CLOSED( i hope you are doing componentusage here).

regards

Pranav

Edited by: Pranav Nagpal on Dec 4, 2008 6:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's not the nicest way but you could raise an event in the popup. The consumer component could register to this event.

Hope this will help.

Kind regards