cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Documentation link fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 'Documentation' link on my MII 12.0.4 home page fails to resolve properly. The link points to 'http://wbhelp.sap.com/manufacturing/xmii_120/{$Language}/43/E80B59AD40719AE10000000A1553F6/content.htm' but my MII account (coming from an LDAP data source) isn't providing the Language variable. When someone from our Basis group (with administrative rights and also coming from LDAP) uses the link, Language is available as 'en' and the link works properly.

What is the source of the Language variable? Why is it resolving properly with administrative rights but not developer rights?

Thanks for the help!

David Macindoe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The {$Language} in the url comes from the DynamicHomePageLibrary.xsl that builds the home page itself for the logged in user. Whatever your particular custom home page theme is would likely inclue this xsl file such as: <xsl:include href="/XMII/CM/xMIIDS/Themes/DynamicHomePageLibrary.xsl"/>

Your Language attribute is part of your profile which is the source of content used by the building process: /XMII/Illuminator?Service=SystemInfo&Mode=CurrentProfile&Content-Type=text/xml

and then gets pulled into the help url with:

<xsl:variable name="Language">

<xsl:value-of select="/Profile/@Language"/>

</xsl:variable>

You will see at the top of the xml results for the above URL: <Profile .....Language="en"...... along with other typical ones like IllumLoginName and IllumLoginRoles.

Do you not see this attribute or is it blank?

In fact, /XMII/PropertyAccessServlet?Mode=List which shows all of the name/value pairs in the session should more or less line up with the attributes in your home page profile xml.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Jeremy! I see a language attribute in my session properties:

Name Value

Language en

but not in my home page profile.

The Language assignment:

<xsl:variable name="Language">

<xsl:value-of select="/Profile/@Language"/>

</xsl:variable>

is in my DynamicHomePageLibrary.xsl

Looks like we're on to something!

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if you can narrow down the issue to your user profile or the xsl itself.

1. Are you using the default home page or a custom theme...

2. If you are using a custom theme...

- assign the system default theme to the user exhibiting the problem.

- try adding Language to the list of DEBUG INFO settings around line 100.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using the default theme.

Adding 'Language' to the Debug Info section of DynamicHomePageLibrary.xsl will require a bit of help from my Basis friends. I've asked them to make the change. After the change is made, what should I expect to see?

David

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either download the Sample 12.0 project from SDN, or go to the /XMII/Themes/DynamicHomePage.xsl and DynamicHomePageLibrary.xsl web pages from IE and do a File Save As to get a snapshot copy and then import them into the WB into your project location.

Then you can experiment to your heart's content to find out the problem.

Have you checked the NW logs to see if it's throwing any xsl errors?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy, I'm not sure about the experimenting part. I can import copies of the two XSL files into a project folder (and have done so) but I'm not sure how to reference them in order to test changes to them. Does MII look for the files in the project folder first before looking for them elsewhere?

David

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the Navigation Editor assign the project test version of the DynamicHomePage.xsl theme to your user. You will first need to change the drop down form Role to User and then highlight your login.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I copied DynamicHomePage.xsl and DynamicHomePageLibrary.xsl to a project folder, edited DynamicHomePage.xsl to point to the DynamicHomePageLibrary.xsl in the same folder:

<xsl:include href="DynamicHomePageLibrary.xsl"/>

and assigned the DynamicHomePage.xsl in the project folder to my LDAP user account i Navigation Services. (BTW-I'm running 12.0.4)

As I edit the DynamicHomePageLibrary.xsl file, I don't see the corresponding change in the home page.

Any ideas?

David

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the logs - make sure that it's not throwing an error for the xsl not being well formed. If the theme cannot be used (not found, error, etc.) then the system will default to it's default one.

If it is effectively using your modified project theme but you are not seeing the changes you are making, then make sure you hit the Refresh link on the right that adds the extra refresh property to the URL:

/XMII/Illuminator?service=Personalization&mode=refresh

This forces the home page to rebuild without logging out and back in again

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The language variable comes from the Netweaver User management.When a user is created,there is an option to select language as well. If you do not choose a language and leave it blank it will take the default language for the installed system.

You can try to set English as language for your User ID and then test.Hope it works.

Thanks

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Raman. I looked in the Netweaver UME and the language field is blank for both my account (where Language is not resolving) and the Basis person's account (where Language is resolving). I'm assuming part of the issue is that we're using LDAP as the source of all our MII accounts.

David Macindoe

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Let us know if you find a resolution for issue.

Best of luck.

Thanks

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I certainly will!

Regards,

David