cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consignment return

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are implementing a customer consignment process.

I have an issue regarding the consignment return process.

I'm using the standard settings,

I created a consignment return type KR

Then I was able to create a billing document, even before creating and posting the delivery.

I find this strange because I thought the billing would be done only after the delivery.

Can someone please explain to me the benifits this way, and advise me of the correct way to for the process.

Thanks,

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In addition to the scenario suggested by Mr.Lakshmipathi

Take the case of Trading goods

Suppose if your customer is wholesale customer and in turn if he sells to some small parties

Suppose if you send him material X in consignment basis say 100 units

Then consignment fillup order is 100 units

Out of the 100 if he sells 50 units to some parties then Consignment issue order is 50 units

The balance 50 units we are taking it back as Consignment Pickup

If those small parties who have taken from your customer returns 10 units out of the 50 sold by him

then this 10 becomes a consignment return

In practical this return delivery has happened between that small party and your customer and we have not done return delivery

In this case we have to give credit memo to our customer for that 10 units and this 10 units will once again a special stock at customers place under consignment fillup

In this scenario also billing can take place without delivery

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Dec 3, 2008 9:30 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dave

It is not necessary that in all cases of consignment return, you should do PGR. In some cases, customer will reject the goods but the rejected goods will not be returned to manufacturing plant. So in that case, you have to give credit to the customer for which you have to generate credit memo referencing the return order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi