cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save file in server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I have a requirement from my abap guy. He is developing a program in ABAP and need to save some data in the file system of the application server.

My app server is AIX, and I have created a directoy with full access (chmod 777). I have also created an entrace in Tx AL11, the entrance is: DIR_OMTDATA /temp/omtdata

But the developer still can't save the file, he got an error CX_SY_FILE_OPEN_MODE.

What I am missing, so he can save his data in a file in the app server.

Thanks,

Javier.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its better you create it in /usr/sap/<sid> folder. Also, make sure the ownership of the directoies are set to <sid>adm:sapsys.

Cheers,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just for information, error is DATASET_NOT_OPEN and exception is CX_SY_FILE_OPEN_MODE.

I will work arround your sugestions, and make some test with the developer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you check the SAP authorizations? You might want to see if he has access to the authorization object S_DATASET "Authorization for file access."

Hope that is helpful.

Joe Haynes

MindWorks

Former Member
0 Kudos

User have SAP_ALL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have multiple apllication servers ? You might have setup /tmp/omtdata on oner server and the developer is loged on to the other one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

kindly go throuth the following doc:

http://www.sapnet.ru/abap_docu/ABENUNICODE_DATASET.htm

-Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has the developer run the program in debug mode? That might provide more information. If you can login as sidadm and create a file in that directory, then it is probably not a permissions issue at the OS level.

- jph